Windows 10: Startup Process Not Completing

Discus and support Startup Process Not Completing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8900 x64-based PC with Intel Core i7-6700 CPU@3.40GHZ. About two weeks ago, I began having difficulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cjenkins19107, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Startup Process Not Completing

Hello,

I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8900 x64-based PC with Intel Core i7-6700 CPU@3.40GHZ. About two weeks ago, I began having difficulty completing the startup process. Doesn’t happen every time I shut down the PC – probably about half the time. Points of reference:

1. I normally get to desktop in about 30 seconds when PC is turned on. Startup goes in 3 parts: Dell logo, welcome screen, then desktop.

2. Recently, the process occasionally stops after the dell logo and instead of going to welcome with spinning cursor, the screen goes blank ie, I believe it’s referred to as the black screen of death.

3. I then have to force shut down the PC and restart.

4. PC does complete process after shut down, but having to do this is concerning.

5. Another odd thing began happening around same time. I used to receive notification of Dell PC updating very infrequently – say once a month or so. Now I’m getting Dell system updated nearly every time I login.

6. I have active Malwarebytes and anti-virus software. I also run malwarebytes adwcleaner everyday as a jic. I delete browsing history, cookies, temp files, etc. weekly also clean out the %temp% folder.

Thank You,

Chris J

:)

cjenkins19107, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 24, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Startup Process Not Completing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 24, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Startup Process Not Completing

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Startup Process Not Completing

1. Startup Process Not Completing - Similar Threads - Startup Process Completing

2. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  3. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  4. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 startup process ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 startup process ?: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home version installed.My issue is every time I start Windows it starts processing forever. I don’t know what is all this processing, since I don’t have much software installed. My question is what process is causing this and can I disable it so that it...
  6. Task Manager is completely blank - no processes, startup etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager is completely blank - no processes, startup etc.: Anyone have an idea as to why task manager would be completely blank? I have scanned for malware, tried SFC SCAN, DSIM Restore Health and cannot figure out what is wrong. submitted by /u/jamhansen2431 [link] [comments]...
  7. Multiple explorer.exe process on startup

Multiple explorer.exe process on startup: Usually the 2nd explorer.exe consumes my RAM bout 2 gig or 1 gig and i didnt even open any explorer window in the background. I wonder is it caused by a software or just bug.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 startup process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup process?: Hi friends, can anyone help me with this? what order should the blocks be in? :) 164290
  9. Critical Process Died on startup

Critical Process Died on startup: hello there I am experiencing an issue with startup on my pc. I am getting the "Critical process died" error then it attempts to diagnose and repair but always fails. I have attempted several times to start windows in safe mode and that fails, I have tried to perform system...
  10. Shutdown/startup process logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup process logging: Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast...