Windows 10: Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List

Discus and support Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had uninstalled 2 programs that used to be startup applications, McAfee Safe Connect and SAO Utils Beta. The programs are gone from my Programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FallxnShadow, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List

I had uninstalled 2 programs that used to be startup applications, McAfee Safe Connect and SAO Utils Beta. The programs are gone from my Programs and Features panel, but are still listed under Startup as "Program". Their Task Manager command line arguments go as:

"C:\Program" Files (x86)\McAfee Safe Connect\McAfee Safe Connect.exe

and

"C:\Program" Files\Studio GPBeta\SAO Utils\SAO Utils.exe -delay 1000

This is different from other applications listed in the Task Manager as the quotes end after Program and not at the end of the path. Like Steam being:

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent

I cannot open the file location from Task Manager like other applications that are there and the folders that the applications are supposedly in are no longer there. They do not run as they no longer exist, so it isn't causing any performance issues, it's just annoying for it to be there.

How can I remove these applications from my startup list?

:)

FallxnShadow, Aug 27, 2019

2. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List

1. Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List - Similar Threads - Startup Program Program

2. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  3. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  4. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Remove program from Firewall list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove program from Firewall list: Hello, Recently uninstalled some program, it is still in the firewall programs list. I deleted the "V" from the box by clicking on 'change settings' but it comes back. How to remove it from the list ? Answers will be appreciated. 99965
  6. Add/remove programs from Most Used List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/remove programs from Most Used List: ​Hi to the list. First apologize if i am posting in the wrong section. I have passe from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I rember that on the windows 7 i could drag and drop in the start menu all the programs i use mostly and in the mean time i could sorted the alphabetically....
  7. Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs: Hey guys, Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs? I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list [img] 66024
  8. Program won't remove from add/remove list ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program won't remove from add/remove list ?: Is there a tutorial for removing a program from add/remove that even when performing an uninstall; the program just doesn't remove from the add/remove list ? 56724
  9. Startup Program listing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Program listing: Noticed this under my startup programs but it does not show to be running. Should I remove it or what? Uninstall C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.5892.0626\amd64 Ron 43106
  10. [W10] Delete executed programs list from registry.

in Windows 10 Support
    [W10] Delete executed programs list from registry.: Hi! I would like to delete the list of programs my PC has executed. Not the start menu recent program list, but the complete one. I'm using a program called "Executed programs list", from Nirsoft, that tells me which programs have been executed and when, but doesn't allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot remove startup application