Windows 10: Startup programs do not start with windows

Discus and support Startup programs do not start with windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello guys, In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting… Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entropy, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Entropy Win User

Startup programs do not start with windows

hello guys,

In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting…
    Every time I start windows I have to start these programs manually.

Anybody else with the same behavior?

:)

Entropy, Oct 5, 2014
  2. Nick Dich Win User

startup programs in task manager do not start up and longer since recent update

Hi,

This could happen if those startup programs require elevation of access (Run as Administrator); in which case, Windows simply blocks them from running at Startup. When you have upgraded your Windows version, these programs might have lost their permission
    from running on startup. You might consider as well updating your programs if there are any available latest version. The workaround is to create a scheduled tasks for each of those programs and launch at startup. Provided on this response is a link on how
    to open services.msc, which contains the list of programs which can run on computer startup. Although the article is for Windows 7, it is still applicable for Windows 10:

Configure How a Service Is Started

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Oct 5, 2014
  3. dcw9m Win User
    startup programs in task manager do not start up and longer since recent update

After my last windows update, my startup programs, while listed in task manager, no longer actually start. Is there a fix to this problem?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

dcw9m, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Startup programs do not start with windows

Hi

I haven't found it to be a problem, I have noticed that there are a lot fewer startup items then I had in Windows 8, but the things that are supposed to start do, i.e. Malwarebytes Pro, Rocket Dock etc.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 5, 2014
  6. pbcopter Win User
    Have you by chance changed from Start Menu to Start Screen after you install those programs?

I find that many of my startup programs do not start after making that switch. All goes back to normal when I switch back to Start menu.

I have not tried reinstalling while in Start Screen to see what happens yet.

pbcopter, Oct 5, 2014
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 5, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Nice catch there, topgun. Weird one though, eh?

I've not a chance to install yet due to faulty PSU. Awaiting shipment. I see there's quite a few bugs in this thing.

Questions > I'm assuming if there's no touch monitor detected it loads the Start Menu by default instead of the Start Screen? If not, is there an option upon install?

Tony K, Oct 5, 2014
  10. No option during install
    Properties on taskbar and then select the start tab (or similar wording) and deselect the use start menu

First thing I did *Smile

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2014
  11. topgundcp Win User
    That was the first thing I did after installation.

topgundcp, Oct 5, 2014
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did it also resolve this delay in Windows 10 for you as well?

Brink, Oct 5, 2014
  13. topgundcp Win User

I got the start up icons shown up almost instantly if that's what you meant then yes.

topgundcp, Oct 5, 2014
  14. topgundcp Win User
    Sorry I missed your question Tony. By default, you'll get the start menu. I don't have touch screen so I wouldn't know and I don't see any option upon install but it is easy to switch.
    Right click on taskbar->properties->Start Menu and uncheck the first item.

I use Start Menu Revivor in Windows 8.1. It has Start Menu like in Windows 10 and IMHO it is better. You can also access the start screen without having to switch.

topgundcp, Oct 6, 2014
  15. Entropy Win User
    It is a bug like topgundcp mentioned. It doesn’t matter whether you change to start screen before or after installing a program. From the moment you have the start screen enabled the startup programs do not start with windows.

The moment I changed back to start menu, all startup programs started with windows as expected.

By the way how a bug is being reported to Microsoft?

Entropy, Oct 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Startup programs do not start with windows - Similar Threads - Startup programs start

2. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty: Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty. I tried to manually add those programs to...
  4. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  5. too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder: hey you experts => I am pretty sure that I have removed every one of the programs from the startup folder that you see in the image below. Can you guys tell me why they're starting up anyway, and how I can shut that feature off permanently? thanks! the programs that I need...
  6. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  7. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  8. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  9. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  10. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491