Windows 10: Startup programs do not start with windows

Discus and support Startup programs do not start with windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Biggrin I used Windows feedback for reporting the bug. Is there any other way? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entropy, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Entropy Win User

Startup programs do not start with windows

*Biggrin I used Windows feedback for reporting the bug. Is there any other way?

Entropy, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

It doesn't appear to be a bug, but by design instead.

Did you try what I posted below to reduce the delay time?

Startup Delay Time - Reduce in Windows 8

Brink, Oct 6, 2014
  3. Entropy Win User
    I don’t think that it is by design… It is not a problem of delaying the start of the windows. It is the fact that none of the startup programs start when windows start.

For example Skype is always starting with the windows (unless you manually uncheck this option). If you choose the start screen instead of the start menu Skype is not starting with the windows. And none of the programs you see as startup programs in task manager starts with the windows. If you choose start menu and not start screen then all your startup programs start with the windows.

Why would such a thing be by design?

Entropy, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's by design to delay desktop apps from running at startup when you are using the Start screen instead of the Start Menu.

Did you give it a try to see if it may help?? It's not going to hurt anything to do it since it's only reducing the delay time.

Brink, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Entropy Win User
    The apps are not startingup with delay when windows start … they do not start at all.

You mean that if I follow the instructions of the tutorial all the startup appswill start when the start screen will be enabled?

Have you tried yourself to see that the startup apps do not start at all when you have the start screen enabled instead of the start menu?

Entropy, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't have the issue, but others reported that what I posted had helped.

You are not going to know if it may help or not unless you try it though. *Wink

Brink, Oct 6, 2014
  7. Entropy Win User
    I followed the instructions in the tutorial but nothing happened.

My startup programs do not start with windows when start screen is enabled. Once I choose for start menu then everything is alright and all startup programs start with windows.

Do the startup programs start with windows when you have start screen enabled in your computer?

Entropy, Oct 7, 2014
  8. Entropy Win User

A clipboard manager was installed before I switched to start screen but Skype was installed after I switched. None is starting with windows.
    I uninstalled the clipboard manager and reinstall it but still nothing happened.
    Are you having the same problem?

Entropy, Oct 7, 2014
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, my desktop programs startup after a short delay when I use the Start screen. What I posted above would remove this delay though.

As a test, add a shortcut of explorer to your shell:startup folder to see if it will open for you at startup after a short delay when you are using the Start screen. If it does, then there's something off about your other startup desktop programs.

Did you already look in Task Manager in the "Processes" and "Details" tabs to see if anything is running for them in the background?

Brink, Oct 7, 2014
  10. Entropy Win User
    This below is a screenshot of my startup programs as seen in task Manager. None of them started with windows and you can also see the explorer you asked me to place in shell:startup.

Startup programs do not start with windows [​IMG]

I will reinstall windows in the weekend and I’ll check again. There is nothing I can do… however, there are also other people reporting the same situation and for this I believe that it is a bug!

Entropy, Oct 7, 2014
  11. DavidE Win User
    I don't know if this was already asked, but did you look in Event Viewer to see if there are any errors that might explain this issue ?

You could also disable all startups, and then add one at a time to see if it's one of your startup programs causing the issue.

DavidE, Oct 7, 2014
  12. Entropy Win User
    I made again a clean installation on a brand new drive and the moment I changed the start menu to start screen the startup programs did not start with windows... The only thing I see in the notification area is the remove hardware and the one drive...

When I change to start menu then everything is starting except onedrive!!!

This is very weird! It is difficult to accept that it is happening only to me!!!

Entropy, Oct 11, 2014
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  14. Entropy Win User
    No they don’t start after a minute or minutes… and yes I have tried the option in the tutorial…
    It seems extremely weird to me because I installed windows and I tried this immediately… therefore everyone should have this problem and not only me!!!!

I have seen other people reporting the same behavior in windows forums but since it happens just after installation everyone should have this problem and not just a few!!! This is weird!

Entropy, Oct 12, 2014
  15. Phone Man Win User
    I am having the same problem. Even tried going to the Start Screen and reinstalling the programs and same effect. When changing the Start Screen selection it requires a Log off/Log on and I can go back and forth between the Menu and Screen and they work with Start Menu and not Start Screen. I looked in Task Manager and they are not running. I can manually start them and they work fine. I will try the Delay fix and see what happens. The programs affected are WinPatrol, Logitech SetPoint, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, and CCC which came with the install.

These all work fine with Windows 8.1.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 13, 2014
Thema:

1. Startup programs do not start with windows - Similar Threads - Startup programs start

2. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty: Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty. I tried to manually add those programs to...
  4. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  5. too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder: hey you experts => I am pretty sure that I have removed every one of the programs from the startup folder that you see in the image below. Can you guys tell me why they're starting up anyway, and how I can shut that feature off permanently? thanks! the programs that I need...
  6. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  7. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  8. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  9. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  10. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto open browser search unPinTaskbar