Windows 10: Startup programs do not start with windows

Discus and support Startup programs do not start with windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Found a weird workaround on my system. I tried Shawn's delay fix but no joy. I then tried booting to the Start Screen and all my programs started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Entropy, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Phone Man Win User

Startup programs do not start with windows

Found a weird workaround on my system. I tried Shawn's delay fix but no joy.

I then tried booting to the Start Screen and all my programs started just fine.*Party

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

Boot to the Desktop - Fail
    Boot to Start Screen - OK

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 13, 2014
  2. Entropy Win User

Thanks for your post which is also the solution to this thread that I started.

The moment I uncheck the option to go to my desktop all startup programs start as expected with the start screen enabled!
    It is for sure a bug!!!!!
    The combination of start screen & booting on the desktop creates this problem!

Entropy, Oct 13, 2014
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear that you finally got this sorted.

I was able to reproduce the same thing now that I know the cause, and sent feedback to Microsoft about this to hopefully help get it sorted in a future Windows 10 build. *Smile

Brink, Oct 13, 2014
  4. mertzi Win User

I wanted Real Temp to auto start but couldn't solve this any other way than creating a batch file and putting a shortcut to this bat in the startup folder. It always works, and is particularly helpful if you need to autostart a program with administrator rights. Miss the good old days when you could just put a shortcut in the startup folder and it ALWAYS worked.

mertzi, Jul 21, 2015
  5. 7eleven Win User
    I have a fresh install of win 10 made just 1 hour ago.
    If switching from Start Menu To Start Screen and then back won't work, are there any other tweaks I might try? Thanks

7eleven, Mar 18, 2017
  6. I just read another solution that stated that things screws up when you move items in your personal user folder into the all user folder or vice-versa. To fix it, you need to make some registry fixes I think. Here is the thread about it....

Anomolous behaviour of startup programs Solved - Windows 10 Forums

CerebralFreeze, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Startup programs do not start with windows - Similar Threads - Startup programs start

2. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty: Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty. I tried to manually add those programs to...
  4. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  5. too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder: hey you experts => I am pretty sure that I have removed every one of the programs from the startup folder that you see in the image below. Can you guys tell me why they're starting up anyway, and how I can shut that feature off permanently? thanks! the programs that I need...
  6. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  7. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  8. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  9. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  10. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491