Windows 10: Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time

Discus and support Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good afternoon!Programs in the startup list no longer seem to be launching at startup. Some programs that are set to startup with windows, but not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nick A G, May 15, 2024.

1. Nick A G Win User

Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time

Good afternoon!Programs in the startup list no longer seem to be launching at startup. Some programs that are set to startup with windows, but not through the startup list, seem to be launching fine. This new issue seems to be occuring after a recent Windows update, but it's unclear to me if the two are related. I've tried a couple of repairs, such as:dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannowRunning the Memory Diagnostic ToolRunning Windows UpdateTrying startup repair gives an error, but otherwise everything seems to be working as expected.I would attach a screenshot to show t

:)

Nick A G, May 15, 2024
  2. FTWitachi Win User

Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why- Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated. Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps Step 6- Doesn't work. Thanks for trying - - - Updated - - - @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, May 15, 2024
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, May 15, 2024
  4. anctop Win User

launching startup programs

Thank you for your suggestions.

I've tried approach (b) before.
    The program is launched successfully at user logon, but it runs in the background and the GUI does not show up. This method, I think, is primarily for console applications.

I'll try approach (a) BootRacer to see if it can help.

anctop, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time - Similar Threads - Startup Programs Launching

2. Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time: Good afternoon!Programs in the startup list no longer seem to be launching at startup. Some programs that are set to startup with windows, but not through the startup list, seem to be launching fine. This new issue seems to be occuring after a recent Windows update, but it's...
  3. Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Programs Not Launching Almost All of the Time: Good afternoon!Programs in the startup list no longer seem to be launching at startup. Some programs that are set to startup with windows, but not through the startup list, seem to be launching fine. This new issue seems to be occuring after a recent Windows update, but it's...
  4. Task Bar only has Windows Button and time on startup, No startup programs start on launch....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar only has Windows Button and time on startup, No startup programs start on launch....: Hello,I am having a problem that I have not seen a solution for this problem yet. As I launch my computer, The boot and the login are fine but, when I get to my desktop I see that not a single startup program has started and My task bar is essentially blank. If I wait a...
  5. (Almost) All Programs Crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Almost) All Programs Crash: This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes black for a few seconds and all open programs, except for chrome, crash. And I can't get them to run again until I restart....
  6. Programs launch at startup and aren't supposed to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs launch at startup and aren't supposed to: Running Windows 10 Home OS build 19041.572 on an Acer Predator G3-571. Without changing any settings, some programs started launching at startup on its own. I went in and made sure these programs had that option turned off. My "Startup Apps" tab on Windows is also cleared....
  7. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  8. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  9. Launching program at startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching program at startup as administrator: My user ID has administrator privilege but is there a way for my useID to launch Logitech Media Server at startup with administrator privileges? 119496
  10. Startup folder -- Programs launch one at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup folder -- Programs launch one at a time?: I have several programs / shortcuts in my startup folder. After I log on, it seems like anything in the startup folder is loaded one at a time (program 1 launches, program 2 doesn't launch until program 1 is opened, etc.). I have most of the same apps in my taskbar, and if I...