Windows 10: Startup programs removing themselves?

Discus and support Startup programs removing themselves? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My start up programs keep removing themselves from the startup list and I have no idea why. Its happened probably a dozen times now and they seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/psycotik666, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Startup programs removing themselves?

My start up programs keep removing themselves from the startup list and I have no idea why. Its happened probably a dozen times now and they seem to remove themselves for no reason, Windows wasn't just updated. Does Windows 10 do any sort of automated purging? What might the issue be?

submitted by /u/psycotik666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/psycotik666, Feb 7, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Startup programs removing themselves?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Startup programs removing themselves?

1. Startup programs removing themselves? - Similar Threads - Startup programs removing

2. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  3. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  4. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Programs uninstalling themselves?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs uninstalling themselves?: I think something is causing my computer to uninstall programs. I've done nothing to them, but well, I hopped onto my computer and found the following:The scrivener and scenarist programs - I used them just the other day, and now they cant find the file when i click it. I...
  6. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar: Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they must unpin these apps. However, they appear again on startup. If you have been facing a similar issue, follow these steps to...
  7. Program windows randomly minimize themselves

Program windows randomly minimize themselves: I've had this issue for a while now, and I can't for the life of me trace where it's coming from. I've done a lot of searching on the issue. This happens to random open programs at any time. For instance, I just rebooted my computer 5 mins ago, opened up mIRC, Discord,...
  8. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager: Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager). There are two registry entries in Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command It does...
  9. Icons rearange themselves upon startup

Icons rearange themselves upon startup: Each time I start my PC up all the icons in the bottom row of the desktop are thrown out of that row. I have seen the others say the issue is related to scaling and setting it to 124% fixes it, however I am on a large monitor (3840x2160) and setting to 124% scaling makes it...
  10. Which startup programs should I remove?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which startup programs should I remove?: These are my startup programs, which are not necessary that I should remove? Akami Netsession Client Avast Antivirus AMD Catalyst Control Center Java Update Scheduler Logitech Gaming Framework (I use logitech g430 headphones, I dont know if this program is necessary for...