Windows 10: Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade

Discus and support Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my computer workstation at my office set up to automatically start Outlook and Autodesk Revit (architectural design software) when I log in each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatrickGSR94, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade

I have my computer workstation at my office set up to automatically start Outlook and Autodesk Revit (architectural design software) when I log in each morning. The machine stays on all the time, but I log out in the evening and then log back on in the morning. This is a domain environment so I press Ctrl Alt Del and then log on. The usual background programs start, and then Revit and Outlook also start. I did this by placing shortcuts to these two programs about a year or so ago in the Win7 Startup folder for my user account.

Now since upgrading to Win10, it seems like these two programs in particular take much longer before I even see them start to load. This is a custom built i7 quad core workstation with Windows running on a Crucial MX500 SATA SSD. Previously on Win7 these two programs would display their splash screen startup logos within maybe 5 seconds of the desktop showing up after log on. Now it takes maybe 20-30 seconds before those 2 programs start their "startup" process.

What could be causing this increased load time for these programs? This is on Win10 version 1909 Build 18363.592, installed on 29 December 2019.

:)

PatrickGSR94, Jan 24, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade :cool:

SlipSlice, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 24, 2020
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade

1. Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Startup programs slow

2. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar slow to load on startup: Whenever my I open my laptop and login, the taskbar takes a few minutes to load. It just appears blank. I tried some solutions like disabling some unwanted apps on the startup tabs in the task manager, or rebuilding the icon caches but the problem still persists....
  3. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar slow to load on startup: Whenever my I open my laptop and login, the taskbar takes a few minutes to load. It just appears blank. I tried some solutions like disabling some unwanted apps on the startup tabs in the task manager, or rebuilding the icon caches but the problem still persists....
  4. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. On startup windows is slow to load

On startup windows is slow to load: I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz computer which is very slow to load. Memory is 8 ,00 Go and is running the latest 22H2 update. On startup, windows takes a long time to load and when it finally does, the taskbar is blank and I have to wait for...
  6. On startup windows is slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On startup windows is slow to load: I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz computer which is very slow to load. Memory is 8 ,00 Go and is running the latest 22H2 update. On startup, windows takes a long time to load and when it finally does, the taskbar is blank and I have to wait for...
  7. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.: I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I...
  8. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs loading slow: I was messing with OC and when I though I had everything good to go (was going for 5GHz on a i7-9700K), then the errors came and I was doom and figure this is the best I'm going to get at 4.9. So after that, I noticed that nothing would load like it did in the past. I turned...
  9. Programs loading slow

Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  10. Slow Win10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Win10 Startup: I have a new Win 10 Dell PC and its slow on startup. For Example, when I open chrome or any other software it takes time to open and work properly but after a while, everything is fast again. I tried some online suggestions but it didn't help much. what is the real cause...