Windows 10: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

Discus and support Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my computer on sleep mode with an alarm set like I do every night. The alarm turns the computer off of sleep mode and onto regular mode. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnGronkowski, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

I had my computer on sleep mode with an alarm set like I do every night. The alarm turns the computer off of sleep mode and onto regular mode. When the computer went on I could not move the mouse. This went on for a while. I figured the computer was frozen and I held the power button down to turn it off. I turned the computer back on later in the day. It was still frozen. I got a portable USB mouse I had and the cursor starting moving around again. Soon after I noticed the USB keyboard wasn't working (the regular one broke a while ago). I ended up troubleshooting the computer to see what was going on. They then listed 6(!) devices that needed their drives updated. (I have no idea why this randomly happened when the drives were fine and updated the day before. I don't believe there was a Windows update any time recent.) I updated the drive for the USB keyboard. Then it told me I needed to restart the computer. I did that.

Then when I restarted the computer it said (#1.) "Preparing Automatic Repair", (#2.) Some type of box quickly opens and then shuts, (#3.) it then says "Diagnosing your PC" and (#4.) "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" (None of this happened before I downloaded the updated drives for the USB keyboard and restarted the computer. It went to the regular screen before.)

I have tried all of the following options from Automatic Repair: (If you want to know how they went wrong I will let you know, I'm not listing them here because I don't want to make this topic too long so no one replies.)

* "Use Another operation system" -> "Windows Recovery Environment"

* "System Restore"

* "Going back to the previous version (of Windows)"

* "Startup Repair"

* "Startup Settings" (I tried some of them)

* Reset this pc" -> "Keep my files"

The only thing left is Reset this pc don't keep my files.

I have gone through the Internet trying to find a way to fix this. No luck. I'm hoping my unique situation that I have explained can shed some new ways to try to fix this.

Thanks for anyone willing to help! I appreciate it.

:)

JohnGronkowski, Feb 11, 2019
  2. milesuy Win User

"C:/Windows/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt" error

When I run startup repair, it always tells me:

Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.

Log file: "C:/Windows/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt"

How to fix this!

milesuy, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Archive83 Win User
    System\32\Logfiles\srt\srttrail msg how to repair

Just got the 'old' System\32\Logfiles\srt\srttrail msg and a crashed Win10 laptop that will not auto repair

I know this is not a new problem, but any solution seems random.

Anyone have a list the series of system codes to put in the command prompt?

Archive83, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

My HP Envy seems to be stuck in a boot loop (black screen with HP logo and spinner continually spinning). I eventually get a blue screen with the following message: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options
    to repair your PC or "shut down" to turn off your PC. Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt

I've tried many of the troubleshooting options I'm offered under "advanced options" with no success. If I don't have to, I would prefer not to have to do a System Restore as I have files on that laptop that I don't want to lose. From what I'm reading
    online from others, this seems to have something to do with a recent Win10 update (1803). Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so, were you able to fix it without having to do as System Restore?

I'd appreciate any help someone can provide.

Thanks!

Jennifer#HF, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

1. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx - Similar Threads - Startup Repair couldn't

2. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC: My computer boots to a blue screen that says "startup repair couldn't repair your PC", and I do not know my password to do any troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/27bf0514-f21f-4a21-a9f5-fb5a59714664
  3. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC: My computer boots to a blue screen that says "startup repair couldn't repair your PC", and I do not know my password to do any troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/27bf0514-f21f-4a21-a9f5-fb5a59714664
  4. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC: Press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut Down" to turn off your PC. Log file: c:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt submitted by /u/pantherxyoutube [link] [comments]...
  6. Startup Repair Couldn't repair your PC: Log file is blank

Startup Repair Couldn't repair your PC: Log file is blank: When i turned my computer on, it asked me to choose from two options: Troubleshoot Turn off your PC When i went to "Troubleshoot" and clicked on Startup Repair, i received the message Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options...
  7. Startup Repair couldn't repair Your PC

Startup Repair couldn't repair Your PC: Hi there i see this message Startup Repair couldn't repair Your PC when i try to run startup repair from recovery mode. the log file that says is this: Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Last successful boot time: ‎3/‎25/‎2020 1:58:47 PM...
  8. Startup repair couldn't Repair your pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup repair couldn't Repair your pc: HELP My laptop froze. I had to press the power off button to turn it off. Since then, when I want to turn it on, I have "please wait" showing up. Then, i land on a blue screen with the options Troubleshoot or Shut down. If I choose Troublshoot, I land on the Advanced...
  9. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...

Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I had this issue with windows 10. This issue came thrice a month. Everytime I was resetting my pc from troubleshoot window. This time there is not Reset this PC option. My...
  10. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...: My HP Envy seems to be stuck in a boot loop (black screen with HP logo and spinner continually spinning). I eventually get a blue screen with the following message: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Startup Repair couldnt repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx

2. log file: C:WINDOWS\System32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.tx