Windows 10: Startup Repair failed with no Log File

Discus and support Startup Repair failed with no Log File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Last night I was trying to shut down Windows, however, it didn't fully shut down and kept logging me back in. I tried going through the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seb.J, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Seb.J Win User

Startup Repair failed with no Log File

Hi All,

Last night I was trying to shut down Windows, however, it didn't fully shut down and kept logging me back in. I tried going through the start menu and using Alt+F4, to no avail. I decided to forcefully shut down the system by long pressing the power button.

This hasn't caused me issues previously, however, this morning I've not been able to start up Windows. I've ran through Startup Repair in the troubleshooting options but this failed and the log file section was blank.

I'm currently running chkdsk on the C: drive. I was wondering if this is the right way to go, or if you would suggest any other solutions once it finishes. The ETA is currently at 3hrs 45mins, though that is fluctuating so I wouldn't be so sure right now.

Thanks,

Seb

:)

Seb.J, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Startup Repair failed with no Log File

startup repair failed after update window10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system after installing the updates. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic/startup repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform automatic/startup repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Startup Repair failed with no Log File

1. Startup Repair failed with no Log File - Similar Threads - Startup Repair failed

2. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  3. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  4. Startup Repair Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failing: My computer needed to restart to update recently, and the auto repair keeps failing and gives the message:"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCPress 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC.Log file:...
  5. Startup Repair Failing

Startup Repair Failing: My computer needed to restart to update recently, and the auto repair keeps failing and gives the message:"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCPress 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC.Log file:...
  6. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failed: My Lenovo Laptop has been having recurring issues of being unable to boot and when attempting to do startup repair it says it is unable to find the issue, I have tried other things too such as bootrec and it has been unsuccessful, if there is anyone that can help with this it...
  7. Startup Repair Failed

Startup Repair Failed: My Lenovo Laptop has been having recurring issues of being unable to boot and when attempting to do startup repair it says it is unable to find the issue, I have tried other things too such as bootrec and it has been unsuccessful, if there is anyone that can help with this it...
  8. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I had this issue with windows 10. This issue came thrice a month. Everytime I was resetting my pc from troubleshoot window. This time there is not Reset this PC option. My...
  10. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC - Log file:...: My HP Envy seems to be stuck in a boot loop (black screen with HP logo and spinner continually spinning). I eventually get a blue screen with the following message: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop startup problem logfile windows 10

2. startup repair couldnt repair your pc windows 10 no log file

3. startup repair log file not shown

4. view log file startup repair,
  5. startup repair couldnt repair your pc no log file,
  6. startup repair no log file,
  7. windows 10 startup repair does not create log file