Windows 10: Startup Repair Loop

Discus and support Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I've been using Windows 10 for few weeks now and it's been really good. 8GB Ram 1 TB Hard Disc Asus Motherboard i5 processor Used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PaulSingh, Sep 28, 2015.

1. PaulSingh Win User

Startup Repair Loop

Hi all.

I've been using Windows 10 for few weeks now and it's been really good.

8GB Ram
    1 TB Hard Disc
    Asus Motherboard
    i5 processor

Used the PC as I would normally do and shut it down last night. Recently installed the latest update for Win 10 as I recall. Otherwise no new changes or installation to the system.

So now when I switched it on its showing Automatic Startup Repair and it diagnose the PC but fails every time and shows a blue screen of startup repair where I can:-

- reset PC (reinstall but this fails at 36%)
    - system restore or image restore ( but can't use either)
    - startup repair (doesn't work either)
    - command prompt (tried sfc/scannow and they won't allow me to do so unless I restart but keeps getting same error.

Tried unplugging the hard disc etc but same old loop again.

I'm really not sure what else to do. Really hope the experts will be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

:)

PaulSingh, Sep 28, 2015

2. Startup Repair Loop

I have windows 10, and recently upgraded my graphics card. I turned the computer off, pulled the old card, and inserted the new, ensuring that all connections were properly established. Upon booting up the PC, I was put through startup repair, and it claimed
    it couldn't fix it. So I hit restart. No dice. Then I went to advance, tried a system restore, nothing. Then I used the media creation tool to repair windows via a USB drive. Nada. Then I tried to reset windows, including completely wiping my hard drive. Still,
    not a thing. Windows keeps booting into startup repair and I can't fix it. Yes, I did go into BIOS already to ensure my PC had tried booting through both the USB and the HDD. Still nothing. Please help!

CarsonGeorgePO, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Startup Repair Loop

Hi,

To isolate the issue, would it be possible to reinstall the old graphics card and check if the issue persists?

Update us on the results.

Marby Rey, Sep 28, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Startup Repair Loop

Hi Paul! W10 is very new and has a lot of bugs. This is all the info I could find on your issue. Hope this helps!
    Looks like you might have to reinstall. Problems like this are easily solved when you have a image of your OS on a external drive!
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...oop-error.html

donetao, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

Startup Repair Loop

1. Startup Repair Loop - Similar Threads - Startup Repair Loop

2. Startup Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair loop: Hi, this morning I turned on the pc and I found the Startup Repair screen, I tried to solve the problem by following some tutorials but nothing. I tried to manually fix it with cmd but it just added some OS which requires an admin password. I also tried the "System Restore"...
  3. Startup Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair loop: Hi, this morning I turned on the pc and I found the Startup Repair screen, I tried to solve the problem by following some tutorials but nothing. I tried to manually fix it with cmd but it just added some OS which requires an admin password. I also tried the "System Restore"...
  4. Windows7 Startup Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 Startup Repair Loop: Computer won't boot into windows and goes right into Startup repair. I've tried running a chckdsk \r and same thing. Startup cannot repair this computer automatically here's what I get.Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automaticallyProblem signature:Problem Event...
  5. Windows7 Startup Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 Startup Repair Loop: Computer won't boot into windows and goes right into Startup repair. I've tried running a chckdsk \r and same thing. Startup cannot repair this computer automatically here's what I get.Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automaticallyProblem signature:Problem Event...
  6. Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Startup repair and it is in loop: Really please help required that i have try all the troubleshooting tips with resetting my pc nothing has work for me, for me the last option is recovery. But i really appreatiate if some one able to help me regarding this problem to help me. My concern is that if i used...
  7. Windows10 startup repair loop

Windows10 startup repair loop: I am in Windows10 repair loop on startup. I am using Windows10 without a key. I just downloaded Windows onto a desktop I built and it has ASRock AB350 Pro 4 motherboard. Started shutting down to repair once on startup but eventually got worse until it is constantly in this...
  8. Windows Startup Repair Loop

Windows Startup Repair Loop: So I just installed update 1803 a couple of days ago and everything went fine, I then decided yesterday the PC needs a cleanup so I disconnected it, used an air blower to clean it as usual then put everything together and started the PC. I noticed windows took longer than...
  9. Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop: Hi Team, My family member’s computer seem to be having issues with startup with Windows 10 today, which seem to be after some updates released. Basically the computer is stucked in the start up spinning dots and automatic repair section after trying to hard boot the PC...
  10. Infinite loop of startup repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop of startup repair: So i found a possible repair on fixing the current situation o the infinte loop from this fourm http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-recovery.html around step 13 it said"If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative...