Windows 10: Startup repair not working - need drive space

Discus and support Startup repair not working - need drive space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop (dell inspiron 15r w/ ssd ) crashed (running windows 10) and then automatic repair couldn't fix the problem. If i bypass it crashes again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flame101, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Flame101 Win User

Startup repair not working - need drive space

My laptop (dell inspiron 15r w/ ssd ) crashed (running windows 10) and then automatic repair couldn't fix the problem.

If i bypass it crashes again.

Startup repair didn't work.

I tried "reset this pc but keep my files" but it tells me I don't have enough room on the drive (only have one drive)

System restore is unable to complete because it runs out of disk space while restoring files.

I tried booting in safe mode, without early malware protection and debugging. None of these helped.
    Someone suggested using command prompt to do check disk and also these commands:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    bootrec.exe /fixboot

But still no luck.

I tried DISM cleanup image restore health but it returned "error 50".

I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to avoid having to reset the pc and delete my files but will try that if it is the only solution.

Thank you,

:)

Flame101, Aug 16, 2019
  2. rolfski Win User

Windows 10 Startup Repair is not working: "The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair"

See my starting post. This is exactly what I did and it is not working.

rolfski, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup Repair is not working: "The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.

• Select language and click on Next.

• Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

• Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

• Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Cybot Win User

Windows 10 RTM Startup repair does not work

I did create a recovery drive, as well as taking the time to create install media. startup repair did not work on any of them. all three methods for accessing startup repair give the same error listed in the srtrail log:

Root cause found:

---------------------------

The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair

the three methods to access startup repair in which startup repair does not work

• windows advanced recovery boot options
    • windows recovery drive
    • windows 10 Pro install media (USB)
    I have not created an DVD install media because I lack any dvdr/rw media atm. but I suspect the results would be the same

as for recoverydrive.exe failing to create a recovery drive, I had to uncheck the option to add system files in order for the drive creation to work

Cybot, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Startup repair not working - need drive space - Similar Threads - Startup repair working

2. Windows startup repair doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows startup repair doesn't work: Got some trouble with the updates. Windows having error messages saying problem with winload.efi. Startup repair move me to a new screen again it fails. Every options I choose keeps on failing. I dont even get any progress. Please help me I need my computer....
  3. Windows startup repair doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup repair doesn't work: Got some trouble with the updates. Windows having error messages saying problem with winload.efi. Startup repair move me to a new screen again it fails. Every options I choose keeps on failing. I dont even get any progress. Please help me I need my computer....
  4. Windows startup repair doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC/Device needs to be repaired on startup

PC/Device needs to be repaired on startup: I downloaded a windows 10 update last night and since then I have been unable to use my PC. This is the screen it takes me to, when I try using the options given to me nothing happens it just continues the cycle. When I try to enter...
  6. Scan and Repair drive on startup

Scan and Repair drive on startup: Whenever I start my pcWindows10 it automatically starts running the scan and repair drive on my D drive. It usually takes a minute or two so my bootup is quite a bit slower than normal20 seconds. It never actually does anything though, because I've actually ran scan and...
  7. Space needed on C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space needed on C drive?: Question about Onedrive. When I try to add my photos 65 GB to my backups the "Start Backup" button is greyed out. Message in red says: "Space required on your C:\drive 70.8 GB' I don't have 70.8 GB available. Why does it need space on my C: drive?...
  8. In Startup Repair, Microsoft Password Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Startup Repair, Microsoft Password Not Working: I am in Startup Repair after Windows 10 on my computer failed to load. I am using a personal computer for which I am the only user. Startup Repair system is asking for a password, but when I enter the Microsoft password - the same one that I used to access my Microsoft...
  9. C drive needs repair on every. single. startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive needs repair on every. single. startup.: Hey all, I have a custom made computer running windows 10. Its on version 19041.450 os build?. This computer is less then 6 months old, but recently I have been having an issue with my C drive ssd. I have contacted support multiple times about this issue and none seems to...
  10. Free space reduced after drive repair

Free space reduced after drive repair: I've been having some issues with my disk constantly being 100% used by "system" after downloading and installing some windows updates, whenever I check in the task manager, I searched for solutions and found a number of methods including repairing my C drive. It was scanned...