Windows 10: Startup Repair refuses to take any password

Discus and support Startup Repair refuses to take any password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I've been trying to diagnose frequent bluescreening via Driver Verifier, and somewhat expectedly turning it on has resulted in a boot loop where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sjiveru, Jan 25, 2022.

1. sjiveru Win User

Startup Repair refuses to take any password

Hello! I've been trying to diagnose frequent bluescreening via Driver Verifier, and somewhat expectedly turning it on has resulted in a boot loop where the computer bluescreens almost immediately during booting. I can get to the startup repair screen, and in theory I could go from there to a command line to turn off Driver Verifier and exit the boot loop, but the startup repair tool will not accept any password I throw at it, full stop. Is there anything I can do to get around this requirement, or remotely reset the password, or something? Without being able to log in and access a command line

:)

sjiveru, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Startup Repair refuses to take any password

Windows 10 Password for Startup Repair

Hi,

Startup repair keeps on rejecting my windows 10 password and I am very sure it is my correct password as I use it in logging in to microsoft website. I have two step verification on. Does that affect the password? I tried generate app password but still
    not working.

FrancesPonce, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Startup Repair refuses to take any password

1. Startup Repair refuses to take any password - Similar Threads - Startup Repair refuses

2. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  3. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  4. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it: Hello, I'm in a situation where windows is not loading correctly, so I went to start up repair to fix it. I did not remember my password, so I reset it online my Windows is tied to a Microsoft account so its not a local only user. After resetting it, it still won't accept my...
  6. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it: Hello, I'm in a situation where windows is not loading correctly, so I went to start up repair to fix it. I did not remember my password, so I reset it online my Windows is tied to a Microsoft account so its not a local only user. After resetting it, it still won't accept my...
  7. Startup Repair not taking password after I reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Startup Repair refuses to take any password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair refuses to take any password: Hello! I've been trying to diagnose frequent bluescreening via Driver Verifier, and somewhat expectedly turning it on has resulted in a boot loop where the computer bluescreens almost immediately during booting. I can get to the startup repair screen, and in theory I could go...
  9. Startup Repair refuses to take any password

Startup Repair refuses to take any password: Hello! I've been trying to diagnose frequent bluescreening via Driver Verifier, and somewhat expectedly turning it on has resulted in a boot loop where the computer bluescreens almost immediately during booting. I can get to the startup repair screen, and in theory I could go...
  10. Startup repair password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup repair password issue: I have gone to startup rpair option and asked me for select an account. I had an account naned user ( which i didnt create) i clicked on that and asked me for password. Of i didnt even make an account then how would i add a password?. I didnt make a password and i dont know...