Windows 10: Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

Discus and support Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AmazingAxe, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works.

:)

AmazingAxe, Apr 25, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

Startup repair incorrect password

I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I
    tried system restore and startup repair BUT the problem is it keeps saying I am entering the wrong password. So i signed into my microsoft account on a different device and got in fine but my laptop keeps saying incorrect password. The last time i used the
    laptop it performed updates and shut down. What do I do?

RajanButtar, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

1. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works - Similar Threads - Startup repair says

2. Startup repair password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup repair password issue: I have gone to startup rpair option and asked me for select an account. I had an account naned user ( which i didnt create) i clicked on that and asked me for password. Of i didnt even make an account then how would i add a password?. I didnt make a password and i dont know...
  3. Password incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  4. Incorrect password

Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...
  5. password incorrect

password incorrect: please call 314-239-2318. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-incorrect/b6525082-274d-4238-9cb4-41133505269e"
  6. Incorrect password on startup

Incorrect password on startup: Hi every time i fire up or restart my P.C i get an incorrect password message i'm sure I haven't pressed any buttons and nothing is pressing on the keyboard what could be causing this issue?( i can press spacebar to enter my password so its not to big an issue yet)...
  7. Startup repair incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup repair incorrect password: I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I tried system restore...
  8. "Password incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Password incorrect": Minecraft (Windows 10 edition) wants me to enter my password but it keeps saying that it's incorrect no matter what I do and it's making me want to kill it. The following link has screenshots of what I did exactly: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BSA3urVbLcGT2Pxn7...
  9. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....
  10. The password is incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The password is incorrect: Ok so i jsut dod the netplwiz thing on my mum's computer and now i can't log in at all - gives the error as OP or this one: "the password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your microsoft account " with a link to reset. Will resetting oassword through that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup repair password incorrect