Windows 10: Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other...

Discus and support Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sar while starting startup repair it shows startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HarshSharma 85, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other...

Sar while starting startup repair it shows startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or shutdown to turn off your PC log file d windows system32 logfiles SRT SRT srttrail.txt

:)

HarshSharma 85, Sep 3, 2021

2. Startup Repair

I'm trying to manually use Startup Repair because I am having problems updating my laptop (I don't have actual boot issues). I get this error: Startup Repair

Startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or Shut Down to turn off your PC

Log File: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Just for clarification this isn't automatic startup repair, I went into recovery settings myself to select this option.

Thanks in advance!

maribelemeliano, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Startup Repair Couldn't Repair My PC

Guys please help I have a laptop and I've been having the blue screen of death recently and I don't know what's causing it. When I try to use automatic repair on advance options to fix the problem it gives me an error that startup repair couldn't repair my pc and I don't know if windows system restore can help me considering that I'm already having this issue even before I made a restore point and sfc /scannow now says it does not found any integrity violations on windows resource protection. I don't want to reformat and lose all my files and programs so please do not suggest that. The only thing that I know can cause this to my laptop could be a corrupted windows update but I don't know which one because all my programs right now on my laptop are the same on my previous laptop and none of them are causing any blue screen on my older laptop so it can't be my 3rd party programs right.? If you can help me please let me know step by step what I need to do because I'm not good with tech stuff.

Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other... [​IMG]

dacoolmike, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other...

Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC (Windows 10 bootmgr is missing)

After a restart recently, my computer wouldn't boot in to Windows 10. At the time I didn't have a Windows 10 installation media so I tried using boot tools on the Ultimate Boot CD to no avail. I now have the Windows 10 install and have booted from it then selected to repair my computer, then Startup Repair, however I get the following error on a blue screen:

Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other... VUD7b.jpg

When I boot with not boot CD I just see Loading operating system... but it freezes there. I have tried booting from Hirens boot cd off directly off the partition with Windows installed on it, but when I do that it gives me the message bootmgr is missing... press ctrl+alt+del to restart... or words to that effect.

What I think I've managed to do is delete/corrupt the boot manager, and possibly the MBR for disk with Windows installed on too - but my terminology and experience here may prove me wrong. My question is, how can I restore my boot data so I can boot in to Windows 10 again? Do let me know what other, specific information I can provide to help fill out the blanks.

Note: I booted in to PartedMagic from Hirons boot CD and I was able to successfully see the drives and partitions, including all the files. This looks like just boot data has been ruined.

Update: As pointed out in comments to Vassile's answer, I tried the /rebuildbcd, /fixmbr and /fixboot from the command prompt in a recovery console from the Windows 7 CD but trying this again with the Windows 10 recovery actually made it possible for me to use Hirens boot CD again with the "Boot Windows .. from hard drive" option and I'm finally back in to Windows! I still need to fix the missing boot manager, and my D: drive (a partition on the same drive as CStartup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other... :) is suddenly missing too, but I'm a step closer.

Leonard Challis, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other...

1. Startup repair startup repair couldn't repair your PC press advanced options to try other... - Similar Threads - Startup repair startup

2. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC: My computer boots to a blue screen that says "startup repair couldn't repair your PC", and I do not know my password to do any troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/27bf0514-f21f-4a21-a9f5-fb5a59714664
  3. Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC: My computer boots to a blue screen that says "startup repair couldn't repair your PC", and I do not know my password to do any troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/27bf0514-f21f-4a21-a9f5-fb5a59714664
  4. Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to...: I have tried all commands I don't know what to doHow can I go back to windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-press/b297c14f-41a4-472d-a5c7-58479243f842
  5. Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to...: I have tried all commands I don't know what to doHow can I go back to windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-press/b297c14f-41a4-472d-a5c7-58479243f842
  6. Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press "Advanced options" to try other options to...

7. Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc Press "Advance option" to try other options to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc Press "Advance option" to try other options to...: Hello so i have abit of a problem i installed a 2 different version of windows and that is Windows 10 1809 and Windows 10 latest version. So when i was finished setting up windows 10 1809 i had abit of a stupidity i unistalled C windows files that has the windows 11.... And...
  8. Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc Press "Advance option" to try other options to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc Press "Advance option" to try other options to...: Hello so i have abit of a problem i installed a 2 different version of windows and that is Windows 10 1809 and Windows 10 latest version. So when i was finished setting up windows 10 1809 i had abit of a stupidity i unistalled C windows files that has the windows 11.... And...
  9. Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc Press "Advance option" to try other options to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Message on startup: "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" "Press "Advanced options" to...

Message on startup: "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" "Press "Advanced options" to...: Split from this thread. So I updated my my Pc which has windows 10 home and I turned it on today and it said that "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" "Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC." "Log file:...