Windows 10: Startup repair tool doesn't open

Discus and support Startup repair tool doesn't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to solve a problem while initiating Windows but when I try to use the ISO file in one USB device to boot it appears the following error :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gabriel_198, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Startup repair tool doesn't open

I'm trying to solve a problem while initiating Windows but when I try to use the ISO file in one USB device to boot it appears the following error :

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired

The boot Configuration Data doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000098

You'll need to use recovery tools(...)

I searched for this file and it is on the usb device.

The problem is that the way I open the recovery tools is by using the ISO file and I don't know how to open it.

:)

Gabriel_198, Nov 21, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Startup repair tool doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 21, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Startup repair tool doesn't open [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Startup repair tool doesn't open

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Startup repair tool doesn't open

1. Startup repair tool doesn't open - Similar Threads - Startup repair tool

2. Automatic startup repair tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...
  3. Automatic startup repair tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...
  4. Automatic startup repair tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows startup repair doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows startup repair doesn't work: Got some trouble with the updates. Windows having error messages saying problem with winload.efi. Startup repair move me to a new screen again it fails. Every options I choose keeps on failing. I dont even get any progress. Please help me I need my computer....
  6. Windows startup repair doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup repair doesn't work: Got some trouble with the updates. Windows having error messages saying problem with winload.efi. Startup repair move me to a new screen again it fails. Every options I choose keeps on failing. I dont even get any progress. Please help me I need my computer....
  7. Windows media tool startup repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media tool startup repair: My pc goes into a blue screen everytime I log in but works fine to the login page. So I installed windows media tool from another pc to repair my pc and ran startup repair from my media tool from a USB. It didn't work and even system restore have me some error saying to...
  8. Windows media tool startup repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media tool startup repair: My pc goes into a blue screen everytime I log in but works fine to the login page. So I installed windows media tool from another pc to repair my pc and ran startup repair from my media tool from a USB. It didn't work and even system restore have me some error saying to...
  9. Windows media tool startup repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Startup Repair tool operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair tool operation: On the morning of Nov. 13, I opened my 2014 HP Envy TouchSmart 17" notebook to find it locked in a Windows Automatic Repair loop. I ran boot diagnostics and received short DST failure code QC601S-785A9W-MFGH7F-60VE03. This was a first-time lockout occurrence, and I think that...