Windows 10: Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10

Discus and support Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After turning off my laptop one day, I know get the srt.txt error windows 10, what can I do to fix this? I really dont want to have to wipe the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eminent Demon, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10

After turning off my laptop one day, I know get the srt.txt error windows 10, what can I do to fix this? I really dont want to have to wipe the drive to fix this, it's a brand new laptop. Hopefully someone here can help me fix this issue. I'm running windows 10 pro latest build

:)

Eminent Demon, Sep 25, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Run Startup Repair in Windows 10

Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note

Startup Repair can only fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files. It can't fix hardware failures, such as a failing hard disk or incompatible memory, nor does it protect against virus attacks.

Startup Repair isn't designed to fix Windows installation problems, nor is it a backup tool, so it can't help you recover personal files, such as photos or documents.

See also: How Windows RE Works

The Startup Repair log file is located at:

C:\Windows\System32\Logfile\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

The above post does not work and appears to be an error.
    It displays Logfile instead of Logfiles
    This is the link that opens the log file on my computer: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

zbook, Sep 25, 2020
  3. BigJc981 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade error "hkcmd.exe - bad image" error status 0xc000012f

Thank you for your suggestion, however after running startup repair it was unable to fix the problem. I received a log file c:\\Windows\System32\\logfiles\Srt\SrtTral.txt

I am still receiving the error pop-up as stated before. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BigJc981, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response... I would recommend you start a new thread dedicated to your issue, but while we're here I'm glad to try and help.

Manually restarting VSS writers may help but only temporarily...if after a system reboot the issues have still been occurring then manually restarting VSS writers will not fix anything as they get reset when the OS restarts. Manually restarting them is how I get around rebooting servers when a backup or shadow copy issue occurs.

Did you read the Windows 7 in-place upgrade section of this thread? If not, I suggest you read through that and try it. It is different from the Windows Repair Disc option, and if you can get to the desktop it is absolutely worth a shot. The in-place upgrade will replace OS files while keeping your profile, data and programs intact.

Another option is to read the SFC section in the OP, the link to Microsoft's SFC page also has a section on how to repair/restore files that fail, so you said that SFC /Scannow displayed a few errors that could not be fixed...did you read the log to find out what could not be fixed? I bet they could be repaired with more specific commands. SFC /Scannow is a very generalized command, and while it can fix a lot of things, there's also a lot it cannot.

Again, I would suggest you start a thread dedicated to your issue, especially if my suggestions fail to help. Lastly, you start your post with stating you'll probably format the HDD and reinstall Windows, depending on the data on the Dell laptop that might be the quick and easy solution, especially with Solaris17's Win7 update batch file (or manually if you like it that way). But if you're willing to reinstall, I would challenge you to trying an in-place upgrade first to see if that fixes it. Seeing it takes about the same amount of time as a fresh OS install and you don't have to re-install drivers, programs, etc. At least in the cases I've used the repair on.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10

1. Startup repair was unable to fix. srt.txt error windows 10 - Similar Threads - Startup repair was

2. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...: Good day all.My computer was working as normal but a BSOD appeared. I didn't see the screen error because I was not close enough of the screen. When system restarted it showed black start screen with rolling dots as always, but it restarted again. At second re-start it...
  3. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...: Good day all.My computer was working as normal but a BSOD appeared. I didn't see the screen error because I was not close enough of the screen. When system restarted it showed black start screen with rolling dots as always, but it restarted again. At second re-start it...
  4. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup: I am getting the "automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup" every time I try to boot, I tried different tutorials none of which worked, some of them required me to change directory to the c:\windows\system32\config but in system32 there was only a "Logs"...
  6. Automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup: I am getting the "automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup" every time I try to boot, I tried different tutorials none of which worked, some of them required me to change directory to the c:\windows\system32\config but in system32 there was only a "Logs"...
  7. Automatic repair: unable to repair your PC error on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Fix Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not working: [ATTACH]The Automatic Repair Tool is one of the features that you use when your Windows 10 computer does not boot. Some Windows users have faced an issue where their Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair is not working. In this post, we are going to suggest methods to fix the...
  9. Startup repair error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup repair error.: Hi, I am using an HP- Notebook 15-ay516TX , laptop with windows 10. Even though my computer is working properly, recently I tried to do a start up repair. It ends up showing SrtTrail.txt error saying a hard disk could not be found. following upgrades were done few...
  10. Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem: I turned on my laptop running windows 10 and it failed to startup as usual. Thinking it was installing an update I waited a considerable period and after nothing but a black screen held the power button until the unit shut down. When I tried again to power up it went to the...