Windows 10: Startup/reset

Discus and support Startup/reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BwedStix, Sep 17, 2018.

1. BwedStix Win User

Startup/reset

Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to factory reset it, it also fails to do that. I've tried to command prompt in the troubleshooting section and I found a Directory of C:\ $Windows .~BT that I did not previously have, and I'm not sure how to delete it or know if I even should delete it. So yeah, wondering if you could help a brother out, and like the only thing I did before this is download and play some bo4, it's pretty funStartup/reset :) and then right before my computer turned black and tried to startup a warning came from my antivirus software trial saying it's about to end, and I clicked continue because like I'm not paying for that, sooo that might be a cause I'm not exactly sure. Anyways if anybody can help me with this, it would be extremelyyyy appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

BwedStix, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Startup/reset

How can I disable "Startup" for Sticky Notes, on Windows 10 1607

Hi,

Since the steps provided did not help, we'll try a different approach. We suggest resetting Sticky Notes first then proceed on doing the same steps on how to disable it on startup. Follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find Sticky Notes under Apps
      & features.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Repeat the steps provided by Confused Caribou.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Startup/reset

1. Startup/reset - Similar Threads - Startup reset

2. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  3. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  4. My msi won’t factory reset or go past the black startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My msi won’t factory reset or go past the black startup screen: My msi laptop and it keeps getting stuck on the automatic repair screen but it never gets past, I’ve tried to factory reset it but it just stays on the please wait, forever. pleas help I haven’t been able to use it for a year now....
  5. My msi won’t factory reset or go past the black startup screen

My msi won’t factory reset or go past the black startup screen: My msi laptop and it keeps getting stuck on the automatic repair screen but it never gets past, I’ve tried to factory reset it but it just stays on the please wait, forever. pleas help I haven’t been able to use it for a year now....
  6. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  7. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  8. Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset: Windows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.System restore couldn't complete.I don't have any backup image for the System Image Recovery option.sfc /scannow couldn't fix the issue.dism error/fail, couldn't fix system.How did we get here?I had some issue...
  9. Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset

Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset: Windows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.System restore couldn't complete.I don't have any backup image for the System Image Recovery option.sfc /scannow couldn't fix the issue.dism error/fail, couldn't fix system.How did we get here?I had some issue...
  10. Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC: I had reset my laptop from the settings option and selected remove all files option. It took around 2 hours and when I checked back it was turned off so I pressed the power button and it started by showing the “hp” logo then saying “PREPARING” followed by “ RESTARTING” and...