Windows 10: startup reverts to selective from normal

Discus and support startup reverts to selective from normal in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I see that startup reverts to selective from normal after reboot. Why would this happen and should it be this way. I had a builder make my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Jul 6, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

startup reverts to selective from normal

I see that startup reverts to selective from normal after reboot. Why would this happen and should it be this way. I had a builder make my PC and perhaps something in the UEFI causes is?
    I always though normal was the default under ordinary circumstances.

:)

maranna, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Nisko Win User

msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective

When I run msconfig, it shows that Selective Startup is selected. I click on Normal Startup - but as soon as I select "OK", it reverts back to Selective Startup. Thank you.

Nisko, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective

Hello Nisko, startup reverts to selective from normal :)

This is normal.

Having the two items checked below under "Selective startup" is essentially the same as having "Normal startup" selected.

startup reverts to selective from normal [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 6, 2019
  4. startup reverts to selective from normal

cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

startup reverts to selective from normal

1. startup reverts to selective from normal - Similar Threads - startup reverts selective

2. How to Revert to normal startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Revert to normal startup: Hi I made some changes to windows startup from tht start up tab and restarted the laptop and can't log in because I forgot my password. My finger print and PIN doesn't also work to allow me login since the restart. So am stuck at the log in screen.I haven't been able to use a...
  3. How to Revert to normal startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Revert to normal startup: Hi I made some changes to windows startup from tht start up tab and restarted the laptop and can't log in because I forgot my password. My finger print and PIN doesn't also work to allow me login since the restart. So am stuck at the log in screen.I haven't been able to use a...
  4. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  5. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  6. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

unable to change selective startup to normal startup: whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-selective-startup-to-normal/361df569-9abf-4118-a15c-fa15885b2100
  7. set selective startup to normal startup

set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  8. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  9. msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective: When I run msconfig, it shows that Selective Startup is selected. I click on Normal Startup - but as soon as I select "OK", it reverts back to Selective Startup. Thank you. 89729
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reverts to selective startup

2. windows 10 keep reverting to selective startup

3. installing 1903 selective startup

4. boot keeps reverting from normal to selective windows ten,
  5. Windows 10 reverting back to selective setup,
  6. msconfig startup selection reverts from normal to selective startup windows 10 1903,
  7. selective start up keep reverting back to normal start up