Windows 10: Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck

Discus and support Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The screen that opens prior to signing in to Windows 10 Pro is stuck on the ugliest photo! I rated it as a photo I dislike a couple months ago, as I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnetteBadger, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck

The screen that opens prior to signing in to Windows 10 Pro is stuck on the ugliest photo! I rated it as a photo I dislike a couple months ago, as I'm able to do and ever since the startup screen is stuck on that photo. I can't get any of the links to respond like, location of photo, like or dislike, or information about the location do nothing, they don't respond. This feature has worked fine and I enjoyed seeing different photos of the world each time I turned on my laptop, until I rated this photo as one I dislike, now it won't change. How do I get the screen to respond to links and/or change the photo? I tried to change the theme with no success. I'd like to get this feature working again rather than a regular generic screen saver. Remember this is the screen before sign in. Thanks!

:)

AnnetteBadger, Jul 30, 2020

2. Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

I have Windows 10 & it just asked to update so I allowed it. Now when my computer restarts, everything seems to work fine, until I get to the sign in screen where it says "please wait" and I get an infinite loading screen.

Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck [​IMG]

The only thing that works is ctrl+ alt + delete and it gives me this.
    Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck [​IMG]

Still no accounts to sign into.

I've tried holding shift + restart but it doesn't seem to do anything. Shift + F8 also does nothing during startup.

DevonGroves, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck

Stuck on loading screen after startup

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to perform Startup Repair and check if it helps.

• On a working PC go to the Microsoft software download website and
      create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck

1. Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck - Similar Threads - Startup screen prior

2. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  3. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  4. Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck: Cannot log in. Keyboard adding different characters as well. Windows Version 20h2 183479
  5. unable to log into startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to log into startup screen: I did a Windows update to my computer last night and when it was done, I could not log into the startup screen. It said my password was incorrect. This has happened many times already and I have to go in and undo the updates, then I am able to log in with the password....
  6. Stuck on log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on log in screen: I sat in front of my computer today only to power it on and find myself stuck in the log in screen. My mouse and key board are unresponsive only when I've reached this point. I've tried powering off the computer multiple times, I've run tests and nothing came from them. I'm...
  7. Stuck on Log In Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Log In Screen: Using a Lenovo ThinkBook15 and keyboard is not responding on the login screen. I have also tried using an external USB keyboard to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login but nothing has been working. The login screen is also missing the button for accessibility options and the on screen...
  8. Stuck on startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on startup screen: This has been happening for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, it's stuck on the start up screen and won't get past it, I've tried resetting the laptop but it won't let me, says there is some error, it won't load any of my restore points, I've tried to repair corrupted...
  9. Screen that appears prior to local log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen that appears prior to local log on.: Hi, cud anyone tell me what is the screen that appears prior to my local log on - AND how do I disable it - if thats possible please. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-that-appears-prior-to-local-log-on/64f8e284-a421-483b-951b-6127d2131696
  10. Dark screen during start up prior to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dark screen during start up prior to log in: Windows 10 will not boot up and I tried the steps provided with no help. Any advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-screen-during-start-up-prior-to-log-in/5da4cfd7-9578-48d2-a6de-1524ad6edcb8