Startup search bar disappeared

Discus and support Startup search bar disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back.

:)

socklosk, Aug 4, 2015
  2. judy murphy Win User

windows 10 search bar

search bar in the task bar disappeared. how can I get it back

judy murphy, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BartHibbard Win User
    Windows 10 startup search banner removal

After downloading Firefox I have a search banner displayed at top of Windows 10 screen. Task Manager details showed something with a small red icon called a 'Web Bar'. I ended that task and banner disappeared. Any ideas on how to keep this thing from activating
    on startup?

BartHibbard, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Startup search bar disappeared - Similar Threads - Startup search bar

2. some task bar icons have no graphic

in Windows 10 Customization
    some task bar icons have no graphic: I'm running current W10 on a new PC A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black hole with no graphic. In particular, Edge and Settings. Anything I can do?...
  3. Searches fail. Can this be corrected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Searches fail. Can this be corrected?: Is there anything one can do to make Win 10 find stuff correctly? I had this idea Search wasn't working properly and now have confirmed it. Here's what I do, open a folder on the desktop and I can see the files. I click the Search box at top left of screen and type something...
  4. Bluetooth search fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth search fails: Hi! The Edimax N150 WiFi/BT4.0 stick (EW-7811Un) looks fine but doesnt find any device at all. I double checked with my phone and tablet, no issues there. Drivers up to date, services running, windows updates ok, etc I`m trying to connect my controllers for the Acer WMR...
  5. New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New way to find useful information fast on Google Search: Imagine you’re remodeling your kitchen, and you want information about how quartz compares to granite for your new countertops. Sure, Google can tell you what quartz and granite are, but that’s perhaps not what you had in mind. Chances are you’re hoping to learn more about...
  6. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  7. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  8. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  9. Feature: Searching in Doc History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature: Searching in Doc History: Is there plans to allow searches in Document History for One Drive going to be made possible. If there is collaboration of a specific document where changes are constantly taking place and there is a need to find a particular change in a particular version, it would be nice...
  10. Windows 10 startup error - stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 startup error - stop code 0xc000021a: I recently received this error message and could not find a suitable solution from these boards. After further investigation (Windows 10 Enterprise), I decided to try option 7 on the Advanced Options. Option 7 is "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" The machine now...