Windows 10: Startup search bar disappeared

Discus and support Startup search bar disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

Startup search bar disappeared

I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back.

:)

socklosk, Aug 4, 2015
  2. judy murphy Win User

windows 10 search bar

search bar in the task bar disappeared. how can I get it back

judy murphy, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BartHibbard Win User
    Windows 10 startup search banner removal

After downloading Firefox I have a search banner displayed at top of Windows 10 screen. Task Manager details showed something with a small red icon called a 'Web Bar'. I ended that task and banner disappeared. Any ideas on how to keep this thing from activating
    on startup?

BartHibbard, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Startup search bar disappeared

1. Startup search bar disappeared - Similar Threads - Startup search bar

2. Search bar does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar does not work: I can not enter any item in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work/aa1a60df-7d11-459c-97c5-e41a5cea64c6
  3. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  4. Windows Search Bar

Windows Search Bar: Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows...
  5. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  6. Cortana search bar color

Cortana search bar color: Brink, our admin, has a wonderful tutorial on this subject : Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10 May I be so bold as to post an alternative which will change the search bar from White to default Grey. *** if this method has been posted here before,...
  7. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...
  8. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...
  9. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  10. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for settings entries in the normal search bar: I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app...