Startup search bar disappeared

Discus and support Startup search bar disappeared in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back.

:)

socklosk, Aug 4, 2015
  2. judy murphy Win User

windows 10 search bar

search bar in the task bar disappeared. how can I get it back

judy murphy, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BartHibbard Win User
    Windows 10 startup search banner removal

After downloading Firefox I have a search banner displayed at top of Windows 10 screen. Task Manager details showed something with a small red icon called a 'Web Bar'. I ended that task and banner disappeared. Any ideas on how to keep this thing from activating
    on startup?

BartHibbard, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Startup search bar disappeared - Similar Threads - Startup search bar

1. BSOD on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on startup: PC attempted startup many times, reporting different errors, but "driver overran stack buffer" repeated several times. No previous history of problems since installing 10 over 1 year ago. Eventually started after multiple attempts over several hours, but I had not changed any...
  2. Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update: After the Spring 2018 update I found that an odd delay was happening after login. After system boot from an SSD the login screen appears as fast as it did before, after entering password the desktop and a fairly bare taskbar appear at once. but the app icons I have pinned to...
  3. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 1803 Startup App not starting: Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but when Windows boots it never launches the app. If I double click the shortcut, it opens just fine. Task manager shows the app...
  4. Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Startup on Battery Failure: My smallThomson NEO 10.1" laptop refuses to startup on it's battery ever since updating W10 last month to the latest version. When trying to start the blue indicator comes on briefly and then goes out. Starting is only possible when using the mains adaptor. Can anyone give me...
  5. 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?: Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup? I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have...
  6. Delete Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?: My computer upgraded from 1709 to 1803 this past weekend. When I boot up I get the normal Edge start screen but also a Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup? [img] 112068
  7. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?: My computer upgraded from 1709 to 1803 this past weekend. When I boot up I get the normal Edge start screen but also a Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup? [img] 112068