Windows 10: Startup Settings not doing anything?

Discus and support Startup Settings not doing anything? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On Windows 10, when I hold Shift and click the Power Button to get Advanced Startup < Advanced Options < Startup Settings and restart, it shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Balcora, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Balcora Win User

Startup Settings not doing anything?

On Windows 10, when I hold Shift and click the Power Button to get Advanced Startup < Advanced Options < Startup Settings and restart, it shows the selections but whenever I try to click (4) to go into Safe Boot, nothing happens. In fact, any selection or any button I press does nothing. I have to force restart by hitting the power button to restart back normally into Windows.

I've tried reinstalling Windows by downloading the Windows 10 Creation Tool and burning an ISO and going to setup and keeping everything and non of that fixed what I was trying to do.

:)

Balcora, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Startup Settings not doing anything?

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Startup Settings not doing anything?

1. Startup Settings not doing anything? - Similar Threads - Startup Settings doing

2. Proxy settings change does not do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  3. Proxy settings change does not do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  4. Startup Settings in the Settings is not there now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Settings in the Settings is not there now.: I used to have Startup Settings In the Settings itself but now it's not there anymoreI do know that there are Startup settings in Task Manager but that does not seem to work as it resets every boot for some unknown reason I use Win 10.The issue here is that all my startup...
  5. Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Settings: I am trying to get to the ASO where I can see "Troubleshoot" so I can see the options "Reset this PC" and "Advanced Options".I pressed shift+restart, and it offers me "Choose an option". I pressed troubleshoot, and it took me straight to "Advanced options" which only has...
  6. Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Settings: I am trying to get to the ASO where I can see "Troubleshoot" so I can see the options "Reset this PC" and "Advanced Options".I pressed shift+restart, and it offers me "Choose an option". I pressed troubleshoot, and it took me straight to "Advanced options" which only has...
  7. Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows startup - cannot do anything and infinite loading taskbar

Windows startup - cannot do anything and infinite loading taskbar: Hello, I have recently had a PC now but somehow from the next day to the other, start just failed: Windows start normally (user and type my pin and boot windows 10 open) but no apps not the recycle bin shows up - an infinite task bar is loading and unable to press any...
  9. "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

"sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything: As I said, I can't get sync settings to work. Please, please, please read my list of what I've done so we don't waste anyone's time. This is now my SECOND BRAND NEW MACHINE with this problem. Resetting Windows or creating a new user account is a total waste of time because...
  10. Laptop screen zoomed in at startup couldn’t do any anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen zoomed in at startup couldn’t do any anything: Hi community, My windows 10 has zoomed in at the startup and can not do anything even not able to go the display seetting. I updated windows but it didn’t help. I would apprecite any kind of suggestion. thanks[IMG]...