Windows 10: startup settings reset

Discus and support startup settings reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when you restart with shift you get a blue menu, you type troubleshoot, then "advanced options",then startup settings. then you get a list of settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by louis14, Jul 16, 2016.

1. louis14 Win User

startup settings reset

when you restart with shift you get a blue menu, you type troubleshoot, then "advanced options",then startup settings.
    then you get a list of settings
    when you restart the settings are set
    but then when you reboot again are the settings set to the original state again?

:)

louis14, Jul 16, 2016

2. Reset PC but keep my files

The automatic repair gives me options like System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt, UEFI Firmware Settings, Startup Settings, Go back to previous build and Reset this PC.

RudraRaval, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Startup Settings

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To provide you with better assistance, I would like to know the issue that you are facing and why you are trying

to access startup options.

I would like to inform you that there will be six options which includes Startup settings and start up repair.

I suggest you to restart the system and boot to recovery options and check.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

startup settings reset

1. startup settings reset - Similar Threads - startup settings reset

2. Password on startup reset by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  3. Password on startup reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  4. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  5. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  6. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  7. Startup/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...
  8. reset settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset settings: I need help resetting all of my settings to default and I don't see any options or buttons are anything like that please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-settings/70760a86-5d1b-404e-b879-a13905ccbc6a
  9. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  10. Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...