Windows 10: startup shortcut wont run

Discus and support startup shortcut wont run in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win 10 v1909 I copied a shortcut for realtemp to both all users & my startup folder & it wont run on bootup. I know its possible cause I have coretemp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dblake2, May 4, 2021 at 5:16 AM.

1. dblake2 Win User

startup shortcut wont run

win 10 v1909 I copied a shortcut for realtemp to both all users & my startup folder & it wont run on bootup. I know its possible cause I have coretemp in there & it runs.

:)

2. dblake2 Win User

win 10 v1909
    I copied a shortcut for realtemp to both all users & my startup folder & it wont run on bootup.
    I know its possible cause I have coretemp in there & it runs.

3. dblake2 Win User

no uac prompt, it just runs the program. it just wont run autimatically on boot.
    I checked perms on coretemp, which works correctly, & my user name has all perms.

- - - Updated - - -

this is getting irritating-I found a shortcut on the desktop with all perms for my user name-copied it to startup folder-still had exe perms-reboot-doesn't run-if I double click the shortcut it does run!

4. startup shortcut wont run

Hello @dblake2,

Are you talking about these folders? . . .

Current User:
    > %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

All Users:
    > %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Perhaps if you post what you have in the Properties => Shortcut Tab we might see something that will help.

Thema:

1. startup shortcut wont run - Similar Threads - startup shortcut wont

2. run.bat wont run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    run.bat wont run: I wanted to create my own Minecraft server. I followed the steps. When I did clicked my run.bat, but it immediately closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runbat-wont-run/fd7aa7b4-e1e0-4da9-88a5-020352223546
  3. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup: So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its...
  4. Explorer.exe wont start at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe wont start at startup: this has been going for a many months now and it’s getting annoying. I tried advanced system care and said it can fix it but it did not. submitted by /u/shot785 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5bi99/explorerexe_wont_start_at_startup/
  5. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  6. APP wont run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APP wont run: Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 1731910883650819735, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AutoMouser v5.1...
  7. Minecraft wont Run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft wont Run!: I just bought a new computer and needed to download minecraft again. After I installed the new launcher I went on 1.8 because i don't enjoy later updates as much. When i clicked to launch the game it said couldn't set pixel format. Does anyone know how to help?...
  8. Computer wont startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wont startup: I was copying a cd to a flash drive when the screen did this. [img] It was flickering back and forth when this happened. I captured the pic with my phone. When I tried to restart the computer the fan would start then shut right off repeatedly. I was hoping it was the...
  9. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?: Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup. Is that to...
  10. Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator: I have a program shortcut in the startup folder that I need to run as admin, otherwise it prompts me to do it manually after the system starts, which is annoying. The Shortcut tab has an Advanced button where I can check a Run as Admin box, but the system does not let me...