Windows 10: Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

Discus and support Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (build 10130) in a virtual machine and I noticed that the startup sound wasn't playing. The box for "Play startup sound"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadowboy1398, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

Hello,
    I'm running Windows 10 (build 10130) in a virtual machine and I noticed that the startup sound wasn't playing. The box for "Play startup sound" is checked in the Sound control panel, and I even checked imageres.dll to see if the startup sound was still there. (it still is.)
    What could this mean, and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance for answers.

:)

shadowboy1398, Jun 24, 2015

2. No startup sound in Windows 10

Hi,

Your pc is perfectly fine. Windows 10 devices don't play a startup sound.

Actually Windows 10 has a feature called fast startup. So something related to this

is the reason that Windows 10 don't play startup sound.

====================

So, It's a feature

WoozyWig514888, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Win 10 Pro - can't turn off the Startup Sound

Yes, unchecking the box to "Play Windows Startup sound" works for Win 10 Home but has no effect on Win 10 Pro. Have gone back and forth with this, rebooting of course, and the startup sound always plays. Whether box is checked or not, the sound always plays.

BillFerreira, Jun 24, 2015
  4. winxp Win User

Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

DISABLE sound card DRIVERS in Device Manager then ENABLE it again.
    This worked for the two times it hap opened to me.

winxp, Jun 24, 2015
  5. I tried that, but it didn't work...

shadowboy1398, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Bump. I am now using build 10162, and the startup sound isn't playing.

shadowboy1398, Jul 10, 2015
  7. MTDEW Win User
    Test other system sounds in Control Panel / Hardware & Sound / Change system sounds and "test" to see if any of the other system sounds are working for you.

If none of your other system sounds are working either, try the suggestion below.

Try going into Control Panel/ Hardware & Sound/ Manage Audio Devices and selecting your Playback device then click the Properties button.
    In the advanced tab change it from default to 24bit (or something different other than what it is currently set at) and hit apply, then change it back to whatever your default setting was and hit apply...reboot and see if it now works.

MTDEW, Jul 10, 2015
  8. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

I tried all of that-- even unchecking the "Play Windows Startup sound" box and restarting and then checking the box again, and none of it worked.

shadowboy1398, Jul 10, 2015
  9. Could be a bug in Windows. My sounds worked in build 10159 for all startup and recycle bin and all that jazz. I haven't been able to get sound to work since build 10162 for my computer. Some sounds play like UAC and etc, but no Windows Startup or Recycle Bin sounds even though I have them checked and they work when I test them.

Seems this shit gets more buggier every day. Its frustrating.

heyyahblah, Jul 10, 2015
  10. Upgraded to Build 10166 today. Startup sound still isn't there.

shadowboy1398, Jul 12, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Those of you having sound problems, do you have a realtek sound device? Maybe try upgrading the sound driver or going back to an older version.

Ztruker, Jul 12, 2015
  12. Well, now I am running THE FINAL VERSION (10240) and still nothing.
    I would guess that this is a VMWare issue, but I'm not so sure about that.

shadowboy1398, Jul 16, 2015
  13. Marie990 Win User

Try to follow this :
    Click Start< Run and type regedit and hit enter. Once Registry Editor opens highlight Hkey_Current_User. Once it is highlighted look on the right column which will show a Reg_SZ value with the name (default). Right click this value and hit delete. Reboot the computer and test.

Hope that it help ~!

Marie990, Aug 6, 2015
  14. Lothar Win User
    It helps half way. I tried it and like Jaustin found in his thread, it only works for restart but not for a normal start up boot.

Lothar, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Marie990 Win User
    Yes indeed it would fix only few sounds but

I tried this and it works perfectly to me at least all sounds is back :

There are two User profile registry keys that have become corrupt or are missing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Names

Create a new user. Log on as that user, run regedit, right click and export these two registry hives individually to files.
    save them at flash or anything and Log off.
    Log on as the user that is missing the sound schemes ( And its the main user you use ).
    Get your files out from your flash to desktop
    and then run again regedit and
    delete :
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Names

And then Import both registry files that you saved at your Desktop .

I hope this works to you ~ good luck !

Marie990, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162) - Similar Threads - Startup sound playing

2. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  4. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  6. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  7. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound

Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound: I enabled the windows ten startup sound tonight, but on startup it seems to be playing the windows vista/windows 7 sound. Is this normal or can it be fixed?...
  9. Odd sound played at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd sound played at startup: Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vns0l258g2b6jpo/odd__sound.mp4/file Does anything know what is causing this ?...
  10. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP": Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is...