Windows 10: Startup Tab in Task Manager Blank After Updating to Windows 10 Pro 2004

Discus and support Startup Tab in Task Manager Blank After Updating to Windows 10 Pro 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Title says it all. Recently I did a fresh start on my system and then decided to manually update to 2004 from 1909. I got all my programs reinstalled;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam_86314, Jun 25, 2020.

1. sam_86314 Win User

Startup Tab in Task Manager Blank After Updating to Windows 10 Pro 2004

Title says it all. Recently I did a fresh start on my system and then decided to manually update to 2004 from 1909. I got all my programs reinstalled; many of which run on startup like Steam, DS4Windows, and Java.

There are some programs that I don't want running at startup, but when I go to Task Manager to disable them, it's completely empty. Before the update to 2004, I could see all the programs that were set to run at startup.

What's going on here? Anyone else on 2004 having this problem?

:)

sam_86314, Jun 25, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

Ok well then why is your post stating turning off Microsoft services

>>There is no place to tick "Hide all Microsoft services" as this answer suggests<<

These are 2 separate subjects and tabs.

If you reset your PC (depending on what type of reset or restore) and your start up programs that are usually for your task tray icons of running programs at start up, and they are now all gone, Then this can happen as there is some corruption that happened
    and they are not listed in this tab. However, they could still be running at start up as maybe some may be in your task tray (ICONS) that you know would also be in the startup tab in task manager.

I have seen this happen from back to XP to the current 10. That is why using system restore or resetting pc, or even Windows notorious updates destroying peoples pcs these days with windows 10, things like this can and will happen.

My old trick I use to do is uninstall all the service pack or update or the programs that are suppose to be in startup, and icons in task tray missing and reinstall them. Then the icons in tray and startup list are there.

You already did a reset, whatever you mean by that, so I don't know really what advice for the next step to take without knowing the type of reset you are talking about.

If you had not reset it, I would have suggested to uninstall the latest windows update, which was actually today a new cumulative update was available, and then see if that fixed it and then had you do a manual install of the newest update you may have installed
    that started this issue to begin with.

seahawks65, Jun 25, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Startup Tab in Task Manager Blank After Updating to Windows 10 Pro 2004 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Startup Tab in Task Manager Blank After Updating to Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Similar Threads - Startup Tab Task

2. What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?: So I noticed this software with the name "Program" and a blank icon in the startup section of task manager. I disabled it and checked the file location. There it was written ASHelper.exe along with the location. Now the strange part is how the file location is written in task...
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  4. Task Manager Startup tab does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Startup tab does not work: Recently I did a reinstall of windows 10 and when I go to task manager to disable apps at startup, there was nothing there. I found the Startup folder was missing in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, so I created it, restarted and there...
  5. task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank: Both tabs mentioned above are blank. The other tabs are working fine. When I restart the PC everything works fine but after 4 hours the problem appears again....
  6. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  7. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  8. Task Manager Processes and Users tabs go blank after a while?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Processes and Users tabs go blank after a while?: Hey Guys I have a strange issue with Task Manager. When I initially open it everything shows fine. Once a certain amount of time passes and I re-launch it, the processes and users tab show no data? Once I restart, it opens fine again...for a while. Additional info: Laptop...
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...