Windows 10: Startup takes 464642ms

Discus and support Startup takes 464642ms in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is not a recent problem, been happening for months, I'm only now attempting to fix it, though (I'm lazy, spend most of my time on my Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goblinscrytoo_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Startup takes 464642ms

This is not a recent problem, been happening for months, I'm only now attempting to fix it, though (I'm lazy, spend most of my time on my Linux partition these days, and suppose I just hoped that some update would eventually fix it).

Windows has been incredibly slow to boot (taking several minutes on the "Please wait" screen and then a bit on login screen and for desktop to load). Looked on Event Viewer as someone somewhere suggested, found out that my boot time this morning was 464642ms. After that, there's two warnings:

This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process: File Name : dwm.exe Friendly Name : Desktop Window Manager Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Total Time : 509ms Degradation Time : 288ms

This driver took longer to initialize, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process: File Name : MpKslcd2580df Friendly Name : KSLDriver Version : 1.1.17440.0 Total Time : 2726ms Degradation Time : 1226ms

After "Boot Performance Monitoring" there's a few events titled "Shutdown Performance Monitoring" (should those be there? I don't recall turning my computer off this morning five minutes after it booted up...):

Windows has shutdown: Shutdown Duration : 61247ms IsDegradation : false

This service caused a delay in the system shutdown process: File Name : DPS Friendly Name : WDI Diagnostic Policy Service Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Total Time : 42589ms Degradation Time : 9489ms

This service caused a delay in the system shutdown process: File Name : NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem Friendly Name : Version : Total Time : 4713ms Degradation Time : 3620ms

sfc /scannow came back clean.

I would prefer not to have to reinstall Windows entirely, as I do have a double-boot with elementaryOS and, from what I understand, it's a bit of a hassle to install Windows after all that is set up and keep everything working. Of course, if that really is the only option - sure.

Am running Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) on an Acer Aspire A515-51G. Here's a UserBenchmark link with the specs and stuff.

I've had most things disabled in Task Manager -> Startup, asides from a few with an unmeasured startup impact (Google Drive Sync, f.lux, Win Security Notification Icon, keyboard and printer network utilities that I have installed semi-recently, a long time after the problem started to happen), which I would very much prefer to launch on startup, for a while now.

Anything else I could/should be doing to try and find the reason and fix it?

submitted by /u/goblinscrytoo_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goblinscrytoo_, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Startup takes 464642ms

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Startup takes 464642ms

1. Startup takes 464642ms - Similar Threads - Startup takes 464642ms

2. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  3. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  4. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  6. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  7. Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxdweather [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky6nrf/taskbar_takes_forever_to_load_on_startup/
  8. Windows taking too long at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long at startup: I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10 minutes. Even after it starts all the desktop icons and taskbar icons take another 5 minutes to show up....
  9. Startup is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  10. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156