Windows 10: Startup takes longer than usual after update

Discus and support Startup takes longer than usual after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sh. Mal, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sh. Mal Win User

Startup takes longer than usual after update

Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried running Startup Repair, which finished with a message that it couldn't repair the laptop, and the log file E:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txtI have also tried running sfc/scannow, which found corrupted files and fixed them, but the problem still remains. If anybody has any suggestions about what to do to fix this

:)

Sh. Mal, Apr 4, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 4, 2022
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Startup takes longer than usual after update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Startup takes longer than usual after update - Similar Threads - Startup takes longer

2. Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual: Hi, I'm curious to ask anyone for a solution about windows 11 bootup time issues. Before all the things happened my pc was doing its job like usual until yesterday morning, my computer wouldn't show a picture until I restarted and forced shutdown a couple of times, the...
  3. Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual: Hi, I'm curious to ask anyone for a solution about windows 11 bootup time issues. Before all the things happened my pc was doing its job like usual until yesterday morning, my computer wouldn't show a picture until I restarted and forced shutdown a couple of times, the...
  4. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  5. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  6. windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual: I restarted my windows 10 because I was unable to click on the start menu and when I did it's taking way longer than usual and even the screen has turned light green. Is the problem related to update coz I have not updated my windows 10 or is it because of something else?...
  7. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  8. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  9. login "welcome" stays longer than usual on ssd after sept update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    login "welcome" stays longer than usual on ssd after sept update: hey guys... i dont know if its the september update but i have a ssd and login used to be a flash like 2 secs..welcome wouldnt stay more than a second... now when i log in welcome is their for 3-4 seconds before the desktop loads....this never happened before... any ideas...
  10. Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message: Hi there Updating one PC to RTM - I've got the message !Taking longer than usual but it should be ready soon" Don't turn off PC. It's been in that state for around 35 mins with screen going from light to dark blue and back again and the HDD light solid on (SSD !!!)....