Windows 10: Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

Discus and support Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop with Windows 10 1909 used to show desktop immediately after typing in the password. Recently after doing updates, it takes about 25 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hein11ag, Apr 25, 2020.

1. hein11ag Win User

Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

My laptop with Windows 10 1909 used to show desktop immediately after typing in the password. Recently after doing updates, it takes about 25 seconds to get to desktop after entering password. Laptop is using NVME drive. I have traced the boot using WPR and couldn't figure out what is wrong. Really appreciate any help.
    Trace: Dropbox - boot trace.zip - Simplify your life

:)

hein11ag, Apr 25, 2020
  2. jaysel Win User

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

Hi,

I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few posts here, i have manged to reduce it to 82 seconds. Thanks Zinou!

I followed this post and executed the xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot command. (High CPU when first starting the laptop). This brought down my boot time from 200 seconds to 82 seconds.

Can this boot time be reduced further? I still see high boot time in Session Init and Winlogon Init.

My config:
    Dell Inspiron 5770
    Intel i7 8550U
    1 TB HDD
    AMD Raedon 530

Before xbootmgr CMD:

Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init [​IMG]

After xbootmgr CMD:

Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init [​IMG]

Trace of boot 6:
    Download - TransferNow

Please have a look. Thanks Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init :)

jaysel, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

1. Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init - Similar Threads - Startup takes too

2. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  3. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  4. startup and restart taking too long windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup and restart taking too long windows 11: I installed Windows 11 over a week ago after 8 tries; microsoft had to do it by clean install. Nothing but problems since. Now my startup or restart taking 20 minutes. Every tech I speak to does something different for hours but there are always new problems afterward. One...
  5. startup and restart taking too long windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startup and restart taking too long windows 11: I installed Windows 11 over a week ago after 8 tries; microsoft had to do it by clean install. Nothing but problems since. Now my startup or restart taking 20 minutes. Every tech I speak to does something different for hours but there are always new problems afterward. One...
  6. The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...: Hi, I've got an issue with my Windows 10 pc. It started yesterday when the computer wouldn't shutdown. Looking through event viewer, the only relating messages are: "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the notification event...
  7. Windows taking too long at startup

Windows taking too long at startup: I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10 minutes. Even after it starts all the desktop icons and taskbar icons take another 5 minutes to show up....
  8. Winlogon Init

Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  9. Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.: Hi, I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few posts here, i have manged to reduce it to 82 seconds. Thanks Zinou! I followed this post and executed the xbootmgr -trace...
  10. Startup is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winlogon too much time to boot