Windows 10: Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find.

Discus and support Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I used to startup my computer I got a taskbar including several of the normal icons including a file icon labeled "Explore" Just had to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RCC.1939, Mar 10, 2019.

1. RCC.1939 Win User

Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find.

When I used to startup my computer I got a taskbar including several of the normal icons including a file icon labeled "Explore" Just had to replace my computer due to a hydro hit which fried old one and on new one with Windows 10 it does not appear. Used to identify, when clicked, all my files, their locations and file structures. Now Explorer icon does not appear on startup and I can't find on searching questions on web, plus live chat or "Talk to a Person" questions sequences. All I want is to find what was a very useful screen.

Sorry but I'm just a novice 80 yr old and need a younger mind to help. Many tnx for any thought time u can give me.

:)

RCC.1939, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find.

Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

Ok well then why is your post stating turning off Microsoft services

>>There is no place to tick "Hide all Microsoft services" as this answer suggests<<

These are 2 separate subjects and tabs.

If you reset your PC (depending on what type of reset or restore) and your start up programs that are usually for your task tray icons of running programs at start up, and they are now all gone, Then this can happen as there is some corruption that happened
    and they are not listed in this tab. However, they could still be running at start up as maybe some may be in your task tray (ICONS) that you know would also be in the startup tab in task manager.

I have seen this happen from back to XP to the current 10. That is why using system restore or resetting pc, or even Windows notorious updates destroying peoples pcs these days with windows 10, things like this can and will happen.

My old trick I use to do is uninstall all the service pack or update or the programs that are suppose to be in startup, and icons in task tray missing and reinstall them. Then the icons in tray and startup list are there.

You already did a reset, whatever you mean by that, so I don't know really what advice for the next step to take without knowing the type of reset you are talking about.

If you had not reset it, I would have suggested to uninstall the latest windows update, which was actually today a new cumulative update was available, and then see if that fixed it and then had you do a manual install of the newest update you may have installed
    that started this issue to begin with.

seahawks65, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find.

1. Startup task lis missing aan icon. Can't find. - Similar Threads - Startup task lis

2. missing language icon task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing language icon task bar: Hi, when i apply this tips of Mr. John DeV to reste language issus: " Press Start then search PowershellRight Click then Run as administratorPaste the command below then hit Enter:$UserLanguage = New-WinUserLanguageList en-USAfter that, Paste the command below then hit...
  3. Missing app on task manager Startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing app on task manager Startup menu: Hi, i just happen to notice that some of my app has been dissapear from the startup menu in task manager, this keep them keep turning on everytime i boot my laptop, some app missing such as Epic Games launcher, Steam game launcher and so on, how can i fix this issue? My...
  4. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  5. Upon startup icons are gone, can't access start menu or task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Upon startup icons are gone, can't access start menu or task manager: Issues: - Upon startup, none of the icons appear. All that shows is my desktop background. - All that shows up on the task bar is the Start button, the search bar, and the Cortana icon. - When I try to access anything on the task bar, the mouse cursor changes to a blue...
  6. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  7. Missing battery icon in task bar

Missing battery icon in task bar: I don't know why my laptop stopped showing Battery icon in the task bar. It didn't resolve till months by now. I checked in settings-taskbar-notification area-turn system icons on or off. There I found the 'Power' switch is in grey colour but it is actually on. The other...
  8. Task bar missing Home Icon

Task bar missing Home Icon: Home icon on task bar since installing October 2018 feature update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-missing-home-icon/3266fd72-cc51-421e-89c7-78cfc84c4408
  9. missing icons on task bar

missing icons on task bar: Hello. I have tried to fix this on my own but every solution i find online and on YouTube did nothing to fix my issue. My Microsoft icons for edge, store, and mail are all just black spots. The buttons are still there because if I click there the program opens. any help...
  10. Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup: Hey everyone, just made this account cause I can't find a permanent solution anywhere. As the title states, the Volume Icon in the Taskbar is missing on Windows Startup. Yes, I know I can bring it back by restarting my Explorer.exe and such, still it bugs me to do so on...