Windows 10: Startup vs wakeup

Discus and support Startup vs wakeup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A question for you guru's. I have my lockscreen background set to Windows spotlight. (I like their pictures ok? *Smile ). When I put my laptop to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Smudgeboss, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Startup vs wakeup

A question for you guru's. I have my lockscreen background set to Windows spotlight. (I like their pictures ok? *Smile ). When I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up (like moving work from work to home) I have the windows spotlight picture when it wakes up. This is exactly what I want. When I start my laptop up (a cold start) from being turned off I don't get spotlight. I get a picture that I don't really want but don't even know where it is stored on my computer. Should my set up have spotlight at startup or is that only for waking from sleep? How would I get rid of the pic and have the spotlight picture come up on startup if that is possible?

Thanks

:)

Smudgeboss, Aug 17, 2016
  2. Moserct Win User

Login Problem

Windows10 asks for a password on wakeup, I only want it to on startup.

Moserct, Aug 17, 2016
  3. MacLingo Win User
    Interrupt or Signal on Waking Up

I'd like to be able to run a process on "Wakeup Startup" in the same way as on "Login Startup".

Is there anyway to trigger this?

Thanks, Mac

MacLingo, Aug 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Startup vs wakeup

Hi, have a look at Winaero's tweaker (free). This offers a means of setting the default lock screen.

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

Startup vs wakeup

1. Startup vs wakeup - Similar Threads - Startup wakeup

2. Delete boxes appearing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete boxes appearing on startup: I have a Windows 11 laptop. Just recently since an update? three boxes appear at the bottom of the screen when I first turn on my computer BEFORE I enter my password. How do I get rid of these boxes?...
  3. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?: I don't recall how I added MS Outlook to startup, but I did and it starts on bootup just as intended. But it frequently butts up against and interupts my ESET security. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues? Thanks. PS: I'm no techy but can follow...
  4. Delete boxes appearing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete boxes appearing on startup: I have a Windows 11 laptop. Just recently since an update? three boxes appear at the bottom of the screen when I first turn on my computer BEFORE I enter my password. How do I get rid of these boxes?...
  5. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?

How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?: I don't recall how I added MS Outlook to startup, but I did and it starts on bootup just as intended. But it frequently butts up against and interupts my ESET security. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues? Thanks. PS: I'm no techy but can follow...
  6. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  7. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  8. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

9. Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup: Whenever I power up my computer, it sometimes says that the battery is at 1%. However, it turns out that it is not correct as the percentage immediately jumps whenever I plug in e.g. 1% on battery, 29% as soon as I plug in. Is there a problem with the battery and/or a...
  10. Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any PROVEN way to reconnect of Mapp Drives on wakeup/startup/restart: anyone know a fix for this? Microsoft doesn't. on my windows 10 systems [three of four], all Windows 10 HOme x64, we have shared resources mapped from a windows 10 Pro machine acting as server. everything works fine except that the connection will not be present after the...