Windows 10: Startup

Discus and support Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes after startup a blank Excel worksheet appears on screen. Sometimes it is difficult to close (a not responding error appears) but eventually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MaureenOlsen_829, May 20, 2019.

1. Startup

Sometimes after startup a blank Excel worksheet appears on screen. Sometimes it is difficult to close (a not responding error appears) but eventually manage to close it.

:)

MaureenOlsen_829, May 20, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 20, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, May 20, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Startup

1. Startup - Similar Threads - Startup

2. Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches: Some Windows 10 devices may boot to a black screen when they are started for the first time after installing the latest updates for the systems. Microsoft acknowledged the issue on June 14, 2019. Client and server editions of Windows 10 are affected by the issue according to...
  3. Nothing shows up in the startup tab of taskmanager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing shows up in the startup tab of taskmanager: As you can see literally nothing is showing up in the startup tab of task manager, I used to have around 10 programs in there before the last windows update and i'm a bit worried about why nothing is there anymore. Anyone know why this might be happening or a fix for it?...
  4. Help! Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on startup.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help! Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on startup.: Hello, Thank you for taking the time to help in these desperate times. I just reset my computer because it was the only step to fix my game. It was working perfectly fine for 3 days, but when I updated forza it wont get past the screen of Turn 10 Studios. My windows PC is...
  5. Always Get BSOD When PC Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always Get BSOD When PC Startup: I dont know the exact why my pc's always got bsod nowadays, so i try to check in event viewer and got this message error "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  6. Continuous loop at startup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous loop at startup.: Hi, Toshiba Satellite Laptop is in a continuous loop on power-up from the Toshiba logo to "Try to recover the installation" to "restore your previous version of Windows" to the blank screen and then return to the Toshiba logo. I tried the F10 key but that seems to stop the...
  7. How to reverse what a virus changed and stop it from opening in startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reverse what a virus changed and stop it from opening in startup.: After getting stressed because a virus didnt stopped to open a cmd every time i closed it i started checking the files from the program that installed it (because no antivirus has fixed this :( ) and then found this things: first thing that opens is a launcher.bat that gets...
  8. Black Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Startup: After updating one of my display drivers my screen went totally black. Ive restarted my computer many times and still get a black screen. It also seems that I am unable to boot up the safe mode menu through the key shortcuts....
  9. Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft": Hi, I've added Firefox as my default browser in Windows 10, but now I get a message every time I boot about using the recommended browser. I'd like to remove this message if possible. Here is the message: Try the browser recommended by Microsoft to make the most of...
  10. Windows 10 suggests changes on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 suggests changes on startup: Have been using Windows 10 for a long time, but on my new laptop it's getting to be a problem. On startup it opens with a page suggesting making Bing my default search, and 10 my default browser, and something about new tabs using some kind of Feed. I don't ever use any...