Windows 10: startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected

Discus and support startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm currently trying to setup my terminal startup actions so that I have one window with 3 panes: one command prompt, one powershell and one wsl.If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yahwon, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Yahwon Win User

startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected

Hi,I'm currently trying to setup my terminal startup actions so that I have one window with 3 panes: one command prompt, one powershell and one wsl.If I use "wt split-pane -H powershell.exe ; split-pane -V wsl.exe" in a terminal or command prompt window it opens exactly what I want to have:But when I use exactly that command in the "startupActions" field in the terminals settings.json I get two windows, one with wsl and the other with a split view of command prompt and powershell:I've been trying to get this to work for quite some time now and have produces serveral interesting behaviours suc

:)

Yahwon, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Windows Terminal Preview v1.6.10272.0 for Windows 10 - Jan. 28

Read more:

Brink, Oct 16, 2021
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Oct 16, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

1. startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected - Similar Threads - startupActions terminal settings

2. Taskbar and Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Settings don't work: Hello,I woke up today to my pc's taskbar disappeared, I tried restarting explorer but no luck. Using Windows 11I also tried using sfc, dism and powershell, nothing worked.Also checked Event Viewer and this is what it shows up:Fault bucket 1433558783333676696, type 4Event...
  3. Taskbar and Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Settings don't work: Hello,I woke up today to my pc's taskbar disappeared, I tried restarting explorer but no luck. Using Windows 11I also tried using sfc, dism and powershell, nothing worked.Also checked Event Viewer and this is what it shows up:Fault bucket 1433558783333676696, type 4Event...
  4. Sync settings don't work

Sync settings don't work: When I click on the "sync your setting" in the setting utility, the whole settings utility freezes up and I can't click on anything else. The only option is to hit the red "X" to end the utility. If I stay in the utility for 2-3 minutes, it will crash on its own. I read in an...
  5. startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected

startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected: Hi,I'm currently trying to setup my terminal startup actions so that I have one window with 3 panes: one command prompt, one powershell and one wsl.If I use "wt split-pane -H powershell.exe ; split-pane -V wsl.exe" in a terminal or command prompt window it opens exactly what...
  6. startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    startupActions in the terminal settings don't work as expected: Hi,I'm currently trying to setup my terminal startup actions so that I have one window with 3 panes: one command prompt, one powershell and one wsl.If I use "wt split-pane -H powershell.exe ; split-pane -V wsl.exe" in a terminal or command prompt window it opens exactly what...
  7. Workgroup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup not working as expected: Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see...
  8. Page Up and Page Down don't work as expected

in Windows 10 Support
    Page Up and Page Down don't work as expected: Hi! So for a few days now I'm experiencing a weird situation. My navigation keys (Home, End, Page Up, Page Down) and also PrtSc key don't work as expected. The Home and End buttons work like the Snap tool. They snap the aplication's window to right or left. Page Down and...
  9. Settings don't work

Settings don't work: Greetings all, I am trying to add my pc to my account and I see all my other devices except this pc. This pc was a windows 7 that was changed to Windows home 10 and it is activated; however my settings button doesn't work. What do I do to fix this? And now how can I add...
  10. Display settings don't work

Display settings don't work: When I open Settings on my PC, all settings work fine except Display settings. Whenever i click on that box showing Display,Sound, Notifications, Power it just hangs for 3-4 seconds and then closes the settings app. Why? It never allows me to change settings regarding...