Windows 10: "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

Discus and support "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]What is this? It says that StartupCheckLibrary.dll could not start as the file contains a virus or unwanted software. Couldnt really find much... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JacobEriksson2, Dec 5, 2020.

1. "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"?? a859c269-8e50-4023-a49c-167a860855fb?upload=true.png What is this? It says that StartupCheckLibrary.dll could not start as the file contains a virus or unwanted software. Couldnt really find much helpful info online. Except for one guy saying it wasnt actually malware but instead just "just some old tasks that were removed by a recent update or should have been removed and weren't". Do I need to do anything about this? Havent done an antivirus scan yet but will.

Thanks!

:)

JacobEriksson2, Dec 5, 2020

2. DLL Files containing icons

I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T
    hold icons, and whose names make no sense whatever (the names of the icon-containing DLL's also make no sense whatever).

You'd think that common sense would require a unique folder (like "Icon Holders") into which the icon-containing DLL's would be held. But common sense doesn't seem to be relevant here. I've tried creating the folder I envision(in
    the "system32" folder and putting copies of the icon-holding files into it. But when I go into the "change icon" procedure and browse to one of the relevant DLL files, I get a message informing me that the file in question contains no icons.

This is simply insane; why does this happen? putting a copy of a file into another folder should not change it.

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 5, 2020
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Dec 5, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

DLL Missing

Solvusoft posts the same look-a-like steps for every problem you can think of, not very useful. The steps contain some variation depending on the problem, but I haven't found a situation where those step helped anything.

axe0, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

1. "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"?? - Similar Threads - StartupCheckLibrary dll contains

2. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  3. Failed to delete '...StartupCheckLibrary'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to delete '...StartupCheckLibrary': Hi,I have gotten through pages of solutions but none was regarding my problem, here I go.I've been having issue with "StartupCheckLibrary.dll" and found here on this site a solution StartUpCheckLibrary.dll missing! , but there came another issue: I cannot delete it in...
  4. Failed to delete '...StartupCheckLibrary'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to delete '...StartupCheckLibrary': Hi,I have gotten through pages of solutions but none was regarding my problem, here I go.I've been having issue with "StartupCheckLibrary.dll" and found here on this site a solution StartUpCheckLibrary.dll missing! , but there came another issue: I cannot delete it in...
  5. Failed to delete '...StartupCheckLibrary'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted: So, I deleted Chrome because it was not working right and I went to download it again and it said, "chromesetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted". I have no idea what to do, and I need it for school. Please help. I even checked all my files, looked at videos, I also...
  7. downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted": I think this is an older problem, but somehow I am just noticing it. Anytime I try to download, save, save as, etc something from an email, the info comes back with "...…… contained a virus and was deleted". Super frustrating especially when I know these are safe files!!!!...
  8. DLL Files containing icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  9. Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons: I have a list of files (in system32) that are supposed to contan icons. M$, in its infinite wisdom, chose to place these files in the "system 32" folder, in alpha order with HUNDREDS of other DLL files. I chose to exercise a little common sense, and created a separate folder...
  10. Bootable windows contains virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bootable windows contains virus: There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ? I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i...