Windows 10: Starup Repair password problem

Discus and support Starup Repair password problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am tryin to launch my laptop into safemode and when I try to enter the password for reset it says the password is incorrect. I reset my password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HenryW94, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HenryW94 Win User

Starup Repair password problem

I am tryin to launch my laptop into safemode and when I try to enter the password for reset it says the password is incorrect. I reset my password and it still says the same thing

Thank you

:)

HenryW94, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Starup repair in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the pc
    startup .

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

Let's perform a “Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.

Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results than earlier since the source of boot is different now. So, I would suggest to perform the repair again and check if it helps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page, select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Starup Repair password problem

OK, Password problem...Mint

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/339
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Starup Repair password problem

1. Starup Repair password problem - Similar Threads - Starup Repair password

2. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror: i am getting this blue screen ...in it i have starup repair so the error is logfile H:\windos\system32\logfiles\srt srttrail.txt PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starup-repair-failed-showing-logfile/77fbe6ca-6192-45a7-affd-76093e028ddd
  3. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror: i am getting this blue screen ...in it i have starup repair so the error is logfile H:\windos\system32\logfiles\srt srttrail.txt PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starup-repair-failed-showing-logfile/77fbe6ca-6192-45a7-affd-76093e028ddd
  4. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror: I am facing a problem while starting a pc its AUTOMATIC REPAIRS - I have treid many ways but still i couldn't succeed. While i Have done startup repair its show following msg Startup repair couldn't repair your pc. logfile - H:\windows \system32 \logfile \srt \srttrail.txt....
  6. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror: I am facing a problem while starting a pc its AUTOMATIC REPAIRS - I have treid many ways but still i couldn't succeed. While i Have done startup repair its show following msg Startup repair couldn't repair your pc. logfile - H:\windows \system32 \logfile \srt \srttrail.txt....
  7. Starup repair failed showing logfile srt/srttrail.txterror

8. starup not showing

starup not showing: hi can anyone please help me the startup in task manager was empty it shows there are no startup items on displayi have try the method C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup delete and recreate that folder but it didnt fix my problem...
  9. Window 10, i can't starup repair because password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10, i can't starup repair because password incorrect: My laptop now is losing the thing Bluetooth function, i been try the all ways that provides by google results. Now i wan to try for starup Based on above, i am trying to starup repair, but the password needed was totally different with my Microsoft account password, and ii...
  10. explorer.exe error on starup

explorer.exe error on starup: Hi, Getting the below error when starting up my pc however explorer seems to be working fine. [ATTACH] Additionally, it seems that when I try to open some applications the window for these applications just suddenly closes and I would have to reopen such. However it...