Windows 10: State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure

Discus and support State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the subject states, I cannot get State of Decay 2, which I have from Game Pass, to play on my PC. I have a great gaming PC with more than enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DrakeLyon, Aug 6, 2019.

1. DrakeLyon Win User

State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure

As the subject states, I cannot get State of Decay 2, which I have from Game Pass, to play on my PC. I have a great gaming PC with more than enough requirements to play it so it's not the hardware.

The issue I'm having is that State of Decay 2, when opening the game will load up all the way to a point where it needs to check for updates, however, it just states that it failed to check for updates and exits the game when I click "Okay".

I have been through countless conversations with chat agents trying to get this to work but to no avail.

Does anyone have a fix?

:)

DrakeLyon, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Help gaming on Windows 10 and play State of Decay

Source: Help gaming on Windows and play State of Decay! - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  3. state of decay 2 won't let me play

Hi Nut_In_My_Jam,

There's a lot of possible reasons why you're unable to play the game State of Decay 2. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the same concern with your other games?
    • Are you getting any error code or error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 5: If you have any anti-virus installed on your computer. I suggest that you uninstall the anti-virus and check if the issue persists.

For additional troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you check the link below and follow the steps provided:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 6, 2019
  4. State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure

State of Decay 2 play anywhere

Yesterday I bought and installed State of Decay 2 on my XBox One X. Today I have tried to install it on my PC. The Microsoft Store recognizes the fact that I own the game but seems to think I already have it installed on my PC - the options I have are
    to install on my XBox One or Play on PC - clicking on Play on PC just brings up a big white window with Microsoft store at the top left of the screen. So despite it being a Play anywhere game I cxannot play it on my PC.Can anyone suggest what I can do?

KEITHLEAR1, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure

1. State of Decay 2- Cannot Play! In-game update failure - Similar Threads - State Decay Cannot

2. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: will not load main menu on pc how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/a97542a4-3a50-4033-8f91-5d0d11da857a
  3. State of decay 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2: My State of Decay 2 keeps "need to repair" is there a fix to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/bbc32711-4caf-4d29-a95a-cc1eda71db3c
  4. Can not play State of Decay 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play State of Decay 2.: [ATTACH] Hello I haven't played Stated of Decay 2 for a couple of months and today tried running it but could not launch the game. Screenshot is attached Hope someone could me help with that! Thank you!...
  5. State of Decay 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2...: Hi there, im at my wits end and hoping someone here can help me out Subscribed to game pass ultimate to play SOD2 with my frriends and im on day 2 with it not working. Without fail, every time, it will crash after the unity logo is shown, every single time i have...
  6. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: I have bought and installed state of decay 2 , I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and updated all the drivers, within about 60 minutes of playing, the game crashes and freezes my pc, so have to do a hard reboot, i am running windows 10 with 32 gig of ram, a AMD FX(TM)...
  7. Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2": Dear all, I have purchase the "State of Decay 2" recently, however, when i start the game, it cannot open correctly. There is an CrashReportClient text file: [CrashReportClient] bHideLogFilesOption=false bIsAllowedToCloseWithoutSending=true and the...
  8. Cannot install State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install State of decay 2: Hello, I have just purchased state of decay 2 and cannot install it, it gives me the error of not having a device linked to my Microsoft account ( Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...
  9. State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2: When i try to start State of decay 2 there is splash art and then game turns off. I've tried to reinstal windows store and this game and nothing helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/0181b807-0ad1-4a0d-aba6-5be9e7a2e164
  10. State of Decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2: I had been playing SOD2 for a few weeks in August 2018. There were no crashes and very little frame-rate issues. The game was quite enjoyable. I took a break for about 2 weeks, and when I start the game it loads the menu. Then I start to have problems. If I load a game I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. state of decay 2 failed to check for updates

2. state of decay 2 check for update failed

3. failed to check for updates state of decay 2

4. check for update failed state of decay 2,
  5. state of decay 2 failed to update,
  6. state of decay failed to check for updates,
  7. cant update state of decay 2,
  8. state of decay 2 failed to update fix,
  9. check for update failed,
  10. state of decay 2 updates,
  11. state of decay 2 failed to search for updates,