Windows 10: State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup

Discus and support State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I've purchased State of Decay 2 for PC on the Microsoft Store. When I start the app, it shows the logo for maybe 2 or 3 seconds, then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KodyBennett, Dec 23, 2019.

1. State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup

Hello! Recently I've purchased State of Decay 2 for PC on the Microsoft Store. When I start the app, it shows the logo for maybe 2 or 3 seconds, then it crashes. I have submitted a ticket to the devs of that game, that was of no help, I have scoured the internet for literal HOURS trying everything I possibly can but nothing works. When I look into the Windows Event Viewer, it says the following:

The server Microsoft.Dayton_1.3764.5.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppStateofDecay2 did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I have tried EVERYTHING. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, turned OFF the function discovery resource publication and then turned it back on, literally reinstalled windows 10, and visited the My PC properties in component services to mess with DCOM stuff in there, but NOTHING WORKS.

I have asked the discord users that play the game, I have posted several Reddit discussions on different pages, I've even submitted a ticket, but no solution has been found. This website is my last resort.

I am unable to play this game, and I really REALLY want to.

If any of you think you may have a solution with a 99% fail probability, PLEASE POST IT HERE.

I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING TO GET THIS GAME TO WORK.

Thanks.

:)

KodyBennett, Dec 23, 2019

2. State of Decay 2 no download

Open the Microsoft Store

Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen (...)

Click My Library

Scroll through the list then click the State of Decay 2 app if its listed there, then click the download button.

If doesn't help, let us know and we can explore more options.

Andre for Directly, Dec 23, 2019
  3. State of Decay 2 Crashing

Hello,

After pre purchasing State of Decay 2 I have noticed that the game will lock up my computer after between 30 minutes of gameplay to over a hour. Also not only will this game lock up my computer but any Microsoft Store Game will lock up my computer. I have
    tried reinstalling State of Decay 2, Reinstalling New Graphics Drivers, Seeing if the Devs have updated the game (which it appears they have not), reinstalled windows using your tool. What can I do to allow myself to play the games you provide over the Microsoft
    Store?

Thanks

CrangoMango, Dec 23, 2019
  4. State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup

state of decay 2

Please uninstall then reinstall the game, this has worked for other users.

Some users noted, if you install the English US language pack, it also resolves the issue.

You can also try lowering your screen resolution after starting the game then try again.

Here is a thread with discussion about fixes that worked:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup

1. State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup - Similar Threads - State Decay Crashes

2. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: will not load main menu on pc how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/a97542a4-3a50-4033-8f91-5d0d11da857a
  3. State of decay 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2: My State of Decay 2 keeps "need to repair" is there a fix to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/bbc32711-4caf-4d29-a95a-cc1eda71db3c
  4. State of Decay 2 Crashing pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    State of Decay 2 Crashing pc.: I have played the game for like 55 hours or so, and it has on occasion crashed my pc. It generally seemed to do this if I had done a great deal on the pc, and may have needed a restart, and after it would reboot, the game would then run without issue. Today however, my power...
  5. State of decay 2 freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2 freezing: My State of Decay 2 is super laggy and when I click any key All of them on the press any key to continute page nothing happens. Please someone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2-freezing/7382995f-3fd9-41e4-9330-d38b40febee0
  6. State of Decay 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2...: Hi there, im at my wits end and hoping someone here can help me out Subscribed to game pass ultimate to play SOD2 with my frriends and im on day 2 with it not working. Without fail, every time, it will crash after the unity logo is shown, every single time i have...
  7. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: I have bought and installed state of decay 2 , I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and updated all the drivers, within about 60 minutes of playing, the game crashes and freezes my pc, so have to do a hard reboot, i am running windows 10 with 32 gig of ram, a AMD FX(TM)...
  8. Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2": Dear all, I have purchase the "State of Decay 2" recently, however, when i start the game, it cannot open correctly. There is an CrashReportClient text file: [CrashReportClient] bHideLogFilesOption=false bIsAllowedToCloseWithoutSending=true and the...
  9. State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2: When i try to start State of decay 2 there is splash art and then game turns off. I've tried to reinstal windows store and this game and nothing helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/0181b807-0ad1-4a0d-aba6-5be9e7a2e164
  10. State of Decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2: I had been playing SOD2 for a few weeks in August 2018. There were no crashes and very little frame-rate issues. The game was quite enjoyable. I took a break for about 2 weeks, and when I start the game it loads the menu. Then I start to have problems. If I load a game I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. state of decay 2 crashes on startup windows 10 how to fix

2. AppStateofDecay2 did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.