Windows 10: State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation

Discus and support State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a 500 GB SSD C drive for windows and games and a 2TB HDD for other stuff D drive. After installing State of Decay 2 from the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Hai Hoang_821, Feb 12, 2021.

1. State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation

I have a laptop with a 500 GB SSD C drive for windows and games and a 2TB HDD for other stuff D drive.

After installing State of Decay 2 from the store today, I notice that there is an empty folder "D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps" in my D drive. After taking ownership of the folder and deleting it, the folder is created again after reboot.

I uninstall SoD 2 and delete the folder again, it isn't re-created anymore so the game is the problem here.

How can I get rid of the empty folder in my D dirve?

:)

Hai Hoang_821, Feb 12, 2021

2. State of Decay 2 no download

Open the Microsoft Store

Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen (...)

Click My Library

Scroll through the list then click the State of Decay 2 app if its listed there, then click the download button.

If doesn't help, let us know and we can explore more options.

Andre for Directly, Feb 12, 2021
  3. State of Decay 2 preload

Hey,

I couldn't quite figure it out either. When I first downloaded via MS Store, it completed a small download (Around 20mb) and seemed to install the State of Decay icon in the Start Menu.

Whenever I would launch that it would come up with an alert stating that "You're trying too early".. but it never fully downloaded the game content.

I went and tried again tonight and looked under "Downloads and Updates" within Microsoft store (top right corner click on the ***. Then clicked on State of Decay 2 in the list, and on the SoD2 page that comes up, there was a button that said "Update".

Clicked on that, and now its downloading the game content (18gb+).

Hope this helps!

Scoobydooby11, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation

State of Decay 2 game install gets stuck at 70% "installing" or "Downloading".

Hi DuckierLattice,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the issue specific to State of Decay 2?
    3. Which security software is installed on the PC?
    4. Does the issue occur in a different user account?
    5. What is the free space available on the PC?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: The antivirus program or security software might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if that helps.

Note: Enable security software after the troubleshooting so that the PC is safe and secure.

You may also want to download this game directly from the browser to check if that helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/s...activetab=pivot:regionofsystemrequirementstab

Method B: Suggest you to refer to the steps provided by ‘Andre Da Costa’ from
    this thread
    to check if that helps.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Tenforo, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation

1. State of Decay 2 created an empty ModifiableWindowsApps in secondary drive after installation - Similar Threads - State Decay created

2. State of decay 2 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2 not installing: So it has been awhile since I played "State of Decay 2" and I had it installed on my PC for a couple years now with no issues starting up or no issues installing. The only thing is now, is when I tried to get back to playing the game again I noticed that I the game would...
  3. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: will not load main menu on pc how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/a97542a4-3a50-4033-8f91-5d0d11da857a
  4. State of decay 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2: My State of Decay 2 keeps "need to repair" is there a fix to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/bbc32711-4caf-4d29-a95a-cc1eda71db3c
  5. Can't install State of Decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install State of Decay 2: Hi, I previously purchased State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition on Xbox One and recently got a PC. I logged into my account in the microsoft store, but it won't allow me to install it. The game shows up in my purchases and owned items lists, but it does not appear under...
  6. State of Decay 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2...: Hi there, im at my wits end and hoping someone here can help me out Subscribed to game pass ultimate to play SOD2 with my frriends and im on day 2 with it not working. Without fail, every time, it will crash after the unity logo is shown, every single time i have...
  7. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: I have bought and installed state of decay 2 , I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and updated all the drivers, within about 60 minutes of playing, the game crashes and freezes my pc, so have to do a hard reboot, i am running windows 10 with 32 gig of ram, a AMD FX(TM)...
  8. Cannot install State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install State of decay 2: Hello, I have just purchased state of decay 2 and cannot install it, it gives me the error of not having a device linked to my Microsoft account ( Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...
  9. State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2: When i try to start State of decay 2 there is splash art and then game turns off. I've tried to reinstal windows store and this game and nothing helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/0181b807-0ad1-4a0d-aba6-5be9e7a2e164
  10. State of Decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2: I had been playing SOD2 for a few weeks in August 2018. There were no crashes and very little frame-rate issues. The game was quite enjoyable. I took a break for about 2 weeks, and when I start the game it loads the menu. Then I start to have problems. If I load a game I can...