Windows 10: State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes

Discus and support State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently purchased State of Decay 2 as recommended by a friend. I've tried to launch the game, which was fine until the "press any key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by snoozxy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. snoozxy Win User

State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes

Hi,

I've recently purchased State of Decay 2 as recommended by a friend.

I've tried to launch the game, which was fine until the "press any key to continue" screen, as once I click a key,

The background freezes, and SoD2's CPU usage drops to 0%. The process is still running, as the music continues to play, and it stays like this until I close the game.

Once in around every 10 tries, the Title Screen loads, but when I attempt to click anything on the screen, it freezes completely, and behaves exactly like described above.

System Specs:

GTX 750Ti

AMD Athlon II x3 420e Processor

8GB RAM

Game is loaded on a HDD

I'd really appreciate a fix to this, as I'd like to play this with my friend before he leaves on a holiday in a couple days.

:)

snoozxy, Nov 29, 2018

2. State of Decay 2 no download

Open the Microsoft Store

Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen (...)

Click My Library

Scroll through the list then click the State of Decay 2 app if its listed there, then click the download button.

If doesn't help, let us know and we can explore more options.

Andre for Directly, Nov 29, 2018
  3. ryansadus Win User
    State of decay 2

so yesterday i just bought state of decay 2 fir my xbox one bur for some reason one boot up it freezes how can i fix it?

[Moved from: Microsoft Education / Sway / Other / iPhone & iPad]

ryansadus, Nov 29, 2018
  4. State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes

State of decay 2

Hi Ryan,

Having a corrupted Xbox profile is one of the possible reasons it keeps freezes when you are accessing the game State of Decay 2. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Remove your profile on the Xbox One:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account
      > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select
      Remove.

Step 2: Clear Mac address:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network settings.
    6. Select Advanced settings.
    7. Select Alternate MAC address.
    8. Select Clear.
    9. Select Restart. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Step 3: Re-add your profile on your Xbox One:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select
      Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account that you just removed).

If the issue persists, I suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Xbox
    Chat Support

Note: You need to sign in your account to be able to start a chat.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes

1. State of Decay 2 Title Screen Freezes - Similar Threads - State Decay Title

2. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: will not load main menu on pc how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/a97542a4-3a50-4033-8f91-5d0d11da857a
  3. State of decay 2 multiplayer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    State of decay 2 multiplayer: I have bought state of decay 2 to play with my friends but I cannot see them when going into multiplayer, i have reinstalled the game twice now and I still have the same problem. I did run sfc /scannow in command prompt and have no system errors. Why is it so hard to play...
  4. State of decay 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2: My State of Decay 2 keeps "need to repair" is there a fix to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/bbc32711-4caf-4d29-a95a-cc1eda71db3c
  5. State of decay 2 freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of decay 2 freezing: My State of Decay 2 is super laggy and when I click any key All of them on the press any key to continute page nothing happens. Please someone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2-freezing/7382995f-3fd9-41e4-9330-d38b40febee0
  6. State of Decay 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2...: Hi there, im at my wits end and hoping someone here can help me out Subscribed to game pass ultimate to play SOD2 with my frriends and im on day 2 with it not working. Without fail, every time, it will crash after the unity logo is shown, every single time i have...
  7. state of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    state of decay 2: I have bought and installed state of decay 2 , I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and updated all the drivers, within about 60 minutes of playing, the game crashes and freezes my pc, so have to do a hard reboot, i am running windows 10 with 32 gig of ram, a AMD FX(TM)...
  8. State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2: When i try to start State of decay 2 there is splash art and then game turns off. I've tried to reinstal windows store and this game and nothing helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/state-of-decay-2/0181b807-0ad1-4a0d-aba6-5be9e7a2e164
  9. State of Decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of Decay 2: I had been playing SOD2 for a few weeks in August 2018. There were no crashes and very little frame-rate issues. The game was quite enjoyable. I took a break for about 2 weeks, and when I start the game it loads the menu. Then I start to have problems. If I load a game I can...
  10. No full screen Option For State of decay 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No full screen Option For State of decay 2: I have had the game for 1 month now and I have not found an option for full fullscreen. Any fixes anyone has found for the game or for similar Microsoft games from the store in particular ??!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. state of decay 2 freeze

2. windows 10 state of decay 2 wont start

3. State of Decay 2 crashes after press any key to continue

4. state of decay 2 crash to desktop on title screen,
  5. state of decay 2 freezing,
  6. state of decay 2 freeze at press any key,
  7. state of decay 2 stuck of title screen,
  8. state of decay 2 windows 10 freezes,
  9. state of decay 2 freezes on select legacies screen pc