Windows 10: State of secure boot after upgrade

Discus and support State of secure boot after upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did upgrade to Win10 2 days ago (finally). I just realizing now that secure boot is not enable. It also says that secure boot is not supported.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zongo, Dec 19, 2020.

1. zongo Win User

State of secure boot after upgrade

I did upgrade to Win10 2 days ago (finally).
    I just realizing now that secure boot is not enable.
    It also says that secure boot is not supported.
    Can I go into the BIOS and enable secure boot now without compromising my system ?

:)

zongo, Dec 19, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Dec 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Dec 19, 2020
  4. State of secure boot after upgrade

Secure boot state unsupported

HI

Pavillion dv6t6c00 with i7 processor, Can I change the disk from mbr to gpt; if so how in windows 10.

I have a brand new hard drive I can reinstall windows 10 if needed. I don't see any bios updates in my notebook. msinfo32 shows that secure boot state is unsupported. Can you help how to change the bios mode from legacy to UEFI and secure boot state to
    on.

Thank you

jayaruveeru, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

State of secure boot after upgrade

1. State of secure boot after upgrade - Similar Threads - State secure boot

2. Secure Boot state will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  3. Secure Boot state will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  4. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  5. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  6. Secure Boot State Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot State Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot State Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-state-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  7. Secure Boot State Off

Secure Boot State Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot State Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-state-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  8. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  9. Confused about secure boot state

Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  10. State of secure boot after upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    State of secure boot after upgrade: I did upgrade to Win10 2 days ago (finally). I just realized that secure boot is not enable. It also says that secure boot is not supported. Can I go into the BIOS and enable secure boot now without compromising my system ? 170818