Windows 10: State repository service and startup type

Discus and support State repository service and startup type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Freaky Dan, May 26, 2023.

1. State repository service and startup type

Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me.

:)

Freaky Dan, May 26, 2023

2. Windows 10 Fresh install , State Repository Service locking system

Hi Clayton,

In some cases, a corrupted user profile can cause inaccessible programs and can make your system unusable. As such, the
    State Repository Service provides the framework for several Windows functions and components. Oftentimes, it is normal to occupy CPU and memory resources, and does not indicate anything is broken and needs to be fixed.

For us to rectify your concern, we suggest following the link provided by
    ParkerGorecki
    which was given on this thread:
    High CPU usage in state repository service after clean install of Fall Creators Update while online via ethernet
    . This will allow you to apply the necessary fix in order to resolve the unusual behavior that you've encountered after the
    fresh installation of your software.

Let us know the outcome and result of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 26, 2023
  3. intelDoge Win User
    State Repository Service high CPU usage

Hello,

I'm on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I'm having a major issue with State Repository Service.

Whenever I click on a link, whether it be on Edge or Discord, or something else, my PC becomes basically unusable. I've found that it's due to State Repository Service spiking in CPU usage.

Things I've done to "fix" this issue include,

PowerShell command

Resetting and Restarting Edge in the Apps and Features section under Settings

Whenever I do those two things, it works fine, until I click on a couple links, then the issue comes back again.

intelDoge, May 26, 2023
  4. Dz13x Win User

State repository service and startup type

High CPU usage in state repository service after clean install of Fall Creators Update while online via ethernet

I fix this probleme by disable the state repository service in Services .

1- type in windwos searsh " MSCONFIG "

or pres windows key + R

and write " msconfig "

2- select services tab and searsh for "state repository service"

and disable it (uncheck it)

3- restart your PC

Sorry for my bad English

Dz13x, May 26, 2023
Thema:

State repository service and startup type

1. State repository service and startup type - Similar Threads - State repository service

2. I disabled state repository service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled state repository service: How can i get back to enable state repository service ? What am i doing Whatever I do, the black screen comes up, how can I change it? Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-state-repository-service/a9a7beee-e298-40d9-a400-768ef8d82d4b
  3. I disabled state repository service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I disabled state repository service: How can i get back to enable state repository service ? What am i doing Whatever I do, the black screen comes up, how can I change it? Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-state-repository-service/a9a7beee-e298-40d9-a400-768ef8d82d4b
  4. State repository service and startup type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  5. State Repository Service slowing down computer randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State Repository Service slowing down computer randomly: Recently my computer, which is on Windows 10, has periodically been freezing/slowing down, most noticeably while playing video games. Whenever I swap to another application that's open, my computer will slow down and feel like it's about to freeze. This usually happens if I...
  6. State Repository Service slowing down computer randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    State Repository Service slowing down computer randomly: Recently my computer, which is on Windows 10, has periodically been freezing/slowing down, most noticeably while playing video games. Whenever I swap to another application that's open, my computer will slow down and feel like it's about to freeze. This usually happens if I...
  7. State Repository Service slowing down computer randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Service state repository high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service state repository high cpu usage: Heya, so i installed the latest feature update for 1809 yesterday and today i noticed that when i right click desktop for example and go to "New" everything hangs for a while and the fans start spinning. I decided to open task manager and i i see that Windows explorer and...
  9. State Repository Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    State Repository Service high CPU usage: Hello, I'm on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I'm having a major issue with State Repository Service. Whenever I click on a link, whether it be on Edge or Discord, or something else, my PC becomes basically unusable. I've found that it's due to State...
  10. High CPU usage in state repository service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage in state repository service: Windows 10 Pro, Build 1803 Ryzen 1600, 16gb RAM Since a few days ago every 5 - 10 minutes the CPU usage will spike at roughly 80% on all 12 threads. Causing games and other media to stutter. The task manager states that an process called "state repository service" is the...