Windows 10: Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything

Discus and support Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built my new PC, based on a Ryzen 5 3600 with a Gigabyte Auros B450 M motherboard and a Gigabyte RTX 2060 and I notice that when the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kemp124, May 31, 2020.

1. Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything

I recently built my new PC, based on a Ryzen 5 3600 with a Gigabyte Auros B450 M motherboard and a Gigabyte RTX 2060 and I notice that when the system is under load (while gaming) I hear occasional static cracks in the audio; it's not a constant noise, they just pop up every few seconds.

When the load is low, I can listen to music with no apparent static noise; when the load increases I start to hear them both ingame and in the music.

I have looked for solutions and tried a lot of different things suggested in many places:

• updated audio drivers
    • changed audio bitrate and sampling frequency
    • disabled audio enhancements
    • disabled "let application take exclusive use of device" or similar wording in the options
    • disabled fast boot
    • disabled every other audio device (nvidia stuff) from device manager
    • checked that CPU minimum usage is at 100% in power options
    • changed the PSU (from 650W EVGA to 650W corsair)
    • changed the electrical outlet the PC is connected to (it is properly grounded)

having failed all that, I tried with an external Soundblaster X3 USB adapter, disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS, but the problem is still there.

As a last try, I installed steam and a game under linux, and the problem is not present, so I'm inclined to think it's a software issue in windows 10.

I'm kind of desperate as this cracks and pops, while occasional, are really annoying, I would be really grateful if anyone could help me solve this problem.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/kemp124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kemp124, May 31, 2020
  2. PavlosL Win User

Crackling and static noise coming out of the speakers

Hello,

Since a couple of days there is a crackling sound as well as static noise coming from the speakers. It is not a hardware issue, as I replaced them with another set, nor a line out cable issue as I tried 3 different cables nor a software one as all drivers
    are up to date.

When I configure them in control panel as stereo the noise is NOT there.

WIN 10 X64 updated

AMD HD Audio Device

and Microsoft HD Audio device

Please advise

PavlosL, May 31, 2020
  3. Anyone hear a crackling noise when games load?

audio is fine but a slight crackling noise when loading up. soundblaster Zx

Vizionblind, May 31, 2020
  4. Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything

Static Noises for Audio

Just tried one out with iTunes, and I didn't get the static noise.

EDIT: I did get one static noise midway through my second song *Sad

Superluigi6, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything

1. Static/crackling noise in audio when under load, please help I tried everything - Similar Threads - Static crackling noise

2. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  3. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Audio Crackles and Basically Makes Static when under light load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Audio Crackles and Basically Makes Static when under light load: I have a Auros XP 15. It has 64 GB of ram, a intel I7 -11800HA Geforce RTX 3070 GPUAnd a 2 TB ssdI've had for almost a year and in the start I had issues with my audio crackling reallllly bad when playing a game or anything intense or sometimes even light loads. I had the...
  6. Windows 10 Audio Crackles and Basically Makes Static when under light load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Audio Crackles and Basically Makes Static when under light load: I have a Auros XP 15. It has 64 GB of ram, a intel I7 -11800HA Geforce RTX 3070 GPUAnd a 2 TB ssdI've had for almost a year and in the start I had issues with my audio crackling reallllly bad when playing a game or anything intense or sometimes even light loads. I had the...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Crackles and Basically Makes Static when under light load

8. Static/Crackling Noise on Beats Solo3

Static/Crackling Noise on Beats Solo3: Hi,I have been having issues with the Solo3 bluetooth headphones. I didn't have this problem when I first got them. I noticed these problems most recently when I am on Google Hangouts, Zoom, or Discord. I noticed that it would split into Headphones Stereo and Headset...
  9. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...
  10. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones making popping noise when under load