Windows 10: Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Discus and support Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Farzad_K, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Farzad_K Win User

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Hi.

Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and take control. However, these two somehow act differently when static IP is being assigned.

PC "A" is fine. I go through the process of assigning a static IP address, do an ipconfig, and I see the assigned address, and I am able to remote into it using that static IP address. PC "B" does not respond in that way. If I vary the IP address from what is automatically assigned to it, the last number field in the address, and if it is different from the number assigned automatically, it doesn't take - in other words when I do an ipconfig I continue seeing the old IP address that was automatically assigned to it.

I have looked over various settings and compared them and the two PC's are identical in every aspect, including the WiFi driver hardware, driver, driver version and driver date. What do you think may be the problem that keeps the static IP address from being assigned?

Thanks in advance.

Farzad

:)

Farzad_K, Jun 11, 2020
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work :confused:

bencrutz, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User

Hootoo HT-IP210F HooToo HT-IP210F Indoor 640 x 480 MAX Resolution R... So far, it's awesome. I haven't been able to get audio, not sure why. The web interface is flaky on my Droid, but works and there is a 3rd party Android APP that supports the camera.

So at this point, I need to:

• Set aside a range of static IP addresses (by default in the ASUS, ALL of the IP addresses .2 through .254 are DHCP).
    • Assign one of the static IP addresses to the camera (in the router)
    • Assign a port to that IP address
    Side note: LAN addresses 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255 are reserved in just about every router (from what I've been told)

I just wish I could understand how DDNS works locally. *Confused Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work :confused:

Sasqui, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Ok is the camera taking its IP off the router? is it giving out 192.168.x.x addresses? If so then below would be an example IP you could give to your cameras.

192.168.1.254 (For statics I usually start at the end of the range and work my way down)

DNS would be whatever your router is giving out for a DNS IP.

Even though the router is handing out addresses, setting a static will not harm anything.

brandonwh64, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

1. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work - Similar Threads - Static Address Assignment

2. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  3. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  4. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  5. Assign static IP to a VPN user

Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  6. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  8. Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  9. Setting a persistent static IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a persistent static IP address?: Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop. The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100,...
  10. Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?: Hello I posted this question on microsoft answers but seems like may be i could get better help here .. i have a situation here i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110 but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address...