Windows 10: Static IP with a specific Network

Discus and support Static IP with a specific Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wneves99, Mar 31, 2018.

1. wneves99 Win User

Static IP with a specific Network

Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's.

So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network adapter, enter a static ip, and done. If i need use other network, disable static IP in network card proprieties. It is a cycled problem.

It is a boring problem, as you see.

Have any solution to this issue ?

P.S. - My English level is not good enough yet, but i am working on this.

:)

wneves99, Mar 31, 2018

2. Lumia 535 windows mobile wifi is not connecting.

Hello,

I guess many of your Wi-Fi problems are resolved by now.

I had the same issue and I resolved it and want to share it. It is the static ip that got "ON" and stopped connecting to Wi-Fi.

To check static ip settings on Windows Phone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and scroll down to find static ip. If static ip is enabled, you phone will not connect to WiFi networks that doesn’t require static ip configurations.

So disable the static ip and your Windows Phone will connect fine with most of the Wi-Fi networks.

If anyone have the same problem, instead of cursing the pone, or windows, try this first...

regards

Shobha

shobhavasudev, Mar 31, 2018
  3. is setting different static IPs for different networks available ?

hello

i have a situation here

i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110

but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address like 192.168.43.1 i have to change network settings and use another static IP 192.168.43.10

can't i just ask windows to use static IP 192.168.1.110 when i try to connect to network #1 and 192.168.43.10 when i connect to network #2 without having to manually configure it every time ?

i know this seems a bit of nonsense question but i really have to use static IPs when connecting to those two particular networks

thanks in advance

MohamedElshimy, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Static IP with a specific Network

PolarNettles, Mar 31, 2018
  5. wneves99 Win User
    Thank you for your fast reply. I use a wireless network. Done. Easy

wneves99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Static IP with a specific Network

1. Static IP with a specific Network - Similar Threads - Static specific Network

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  6. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  7. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...
  8. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  9. Network Profile and Static IP help needed!

Network Profile and Static IP help needed!: Ok so im running Win 10 pro. I updated Mumble today to 1.2.16 and the computer restarted. After restart i had no internet. So i looked at network connections and noticed that i am now using "ethernet, network 2, intel ethernet connection 2". This is very strange because i...
  10. Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?

Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?: Hello I posted this question on microsoft answers but seems like may be i could get better help here .. i have a situation here i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110 but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address...