Windows 10: Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in.

Discus and support Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the other day is had to reset my laptop which worked fine. but since i have noticed whenever i plug in my charger my laptop starts making static... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamHart2, Jun 16, 2020.

1. AdamHart2 Win User

Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in.

So the other day is had to reset my laptop which worked fine. but since i have noticed whenever i plug in my charger my laptop starts making static like sounds. I have also plugged in my headphones which clicks when i unmute and leaves a long static sound. I tried other headphones and speakers too. I can not stand it anymore.

:)

AdamHart2, Jun 16, 2020
  2. lemontree Win User

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

My issue is the same as in this question, but none of the answers there helped solving my problem, so I'm hoping to get alternative suggestions here.

My laptop (Acer Aspire S5-391 with Windows 10 Home 64 bit) makes an annoying beep sound whenever I plug or unplug the charger, which I'd like to disable.

The following solutions I found in the linked question and in other places did not work for me:

• My BIOS doesn't provide a setting for power control beep.
    • My playback device settings don't show the "PC speaker" bar, so I can't mute it.
    • I don't have the Realtek audio driver, so I can't uninstall it. When I automatically search for a new audio driver via device manager, the search won't terminate. When I donwload the driver from the Acer Support site, I am only offered the Realtek driver (which seems to be a possible cause of the problem according to some sites) which anyway fails to install.
    • My device manager doesn't show Non-Plug and Play Drivers, even after enabling "Show hidden devices", and therefore I can't see and disable the "Beep" device. According to LPChip's comment on DavidPostill's answer, in Windows 10 the "Beep" entry is labelled as "System devices" > "System speakers", so see the next bullet point.
    • Edit after DavidPostill's updated answer My device manager doesn't show "system speakers" under "system devices" (which seems to be the equivalent to the above for Windows 10), so I can't disable them. Possibly my laptop doesn't have separate system speakers so the beep comes from the normal built-in speakers, in which case I probably won't be able to manipulate something in the device manager without also affecting all other sounds.
    • "Default beep" in the system sounds I already have disabled (so this apparently isn't the correct option anyway).

Gloabally disabling sounds mutes the beep, but is not a desired workaround for me - I only want to get rid of the charger beep, but still want to hear other default system sounds (or at least some, I alreay configured these in the control panel, but didn't find an option specifically for the charger beep; I think this is a matter of driver or BIOS settings rather than default Windows settings, but am not completely sure).

lemontree, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in.

Static Like Noise Coming from Laptop

Hello all. I have a work laptop that came from my previous boss. It's a Dell XPS P56f. The specs are below:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Intel Core i7 6700HQ
    • 16GB Ram
    • 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    • 1TB SSD
    Just a bit ago (and now as I type this) I can hear an almost static like noise coming from the inside of it. This is a different noise than a high speed fan noise. Earlier when I turned the backlight down, the noise stopped. However, when I just now tried that, it didn't work. (and now as I type this, it just stopped again)

Does this sound like it could be the video card fan doing something funky? Hooked up to the laptop I have a Dell Dock and hooked to that I have 3 widescreen external displays, ethernet cable and a flash drive. I'm not doing anything graphic intensive by any means. I have email open, a couple connections to terminal servers and a few tabs in Chrome.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

satindemon4u, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in.

1. Static like sounds coming from laptop when i plug charger in. - Similar Threads - Static sounds coming

2. Static, buzzing noise when the laptop charger is plugged in while the battery is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, buzzing noise when the laptop charger is plugged in while the battery is full: There is a low, but noticeable buzzing noise coming out around the charger port when I leave the laptop charger on while the battery is full. It starts as soon as the battery is fully charged and would only stop if I unplug the charger and run the laptop on its battery. The...
  3. Static, buzzing noise when the laptop charger is plugged in while the battery is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static, buzzing noise when the laptop charger is plugged in while the battery is full: There is a low, but noticeable buzzing noise coming out around the charger port when I leave the laptop charger on while the battery is full. It starts as soon as the battery is fully charged and would only stop if I unplug the charger and run the laptop on its battery. The...
  4. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  5. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  6. Crackling/Static like sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling/Static like sound: hi so i was using my laptop on windows 10 and i opened a tab to watch youtube and suddenly a random crackling sound happened whenever sound played from the video. and its not just youtube its all sites. it happens with both my headphones in and them out so its not my...
  7. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  8. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in: Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but...
  9. Plug in charger sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plug in charger sound?: I would like Windows to make a sound when I plug and unplug my power cable. Is that at all possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plug-in-charger-sound/cf346083-dd82-400f-ba24-0797c0438368
  10. My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger

My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger: Happy new years guy. I have a problem with my Laptop, it works very well when it is not connected to the charger, but when I plug it in it works only for 5-15 minutes then crashes and I have to force shutdown. I have noticed that if I turn off Background App it works smoothly...