Windows 10: Static noise playing when sound is played

Discus and support Static noise playing when sound is played in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a while now, whenever I plug headphones in my Alienware laptop's headphone jack, my headphones will randomly start playing static noise whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flaaroni, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Flaaroni Win User

Static noise playing when sound is played

For a while now, whenever I plug headphones in my Alienware laptop's headphone jack, my headphones will randomly start playing static noise whenever I play any audio. When the audio stops being played completely the static just stops and I hear a popping sound. When I plug in my headphones it'll work fine for a while, but the static will play after 10 or so minutes. I got a USB to headphone jack converter and that works okay without any issues, but the sound quality is considerably worse. I tried everything from messing with the sound settings, uninstalling the USB drivers, and cleaning the port but the issue persists. Any ideas?

:)

Flaaroni, Mar 17, 2021
  2. NM_1710 Win User

Sound plays through both speakers and earphones

Hi

After the anniversary update of windows 10, I observed static noise in my speakers. So, I uninstalled the audio driver and again installed it from HP site. Now, there's no static noise, although there's occasional crackling noise in my earphones.

The main problem that I face now is that, on connecting my earphones to my laptop, sound continues to play in both speakers and earphones simultaneously... I've tried all the solutions listed in a few other queries here, on the community, but nothing seems
    to help..

Please do help me as soon as possible... : (

NM_1710, Mar 17, 2021
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Static noise playing when sound is played

Static Noise when playing music on my laptop

Hello,

Static noise can be caused by a corrupted audio driver on a computer. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to know if there were any changes made on your computer prior to the issue.

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this
    article on how to resolve sound problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Static noise playing when sound is played

1. Static noise playing when sound is played - Similar Threads - Static noise playing

2. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  3. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  4. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  5. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

6. Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played: I have been having problems with this ever since I upgraded to windows 11. I've uninstalled numerous programs that may have been causing the problem, but none have fixed it. I've looked through a plethora of forums and nothing has helped. I've uninstalled drivers for both...
  7. Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played: I have been having problems with this ever since I upgraded to windows 11. I've uninstalled numerous programs that may have been causing the problem, but none have fixed it. I've looked through a plethora of forums and nothing has helped. I've uninstalled drivers for both...
  8. Buzzing/static noise from headset when i play games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buzzing/static noise from headset when i play games: So i just got a new pc, and its got a geforce rtx 3080/ intel core i7-10700f cpu 2.90ghz And prior to this i have had no problems with my headset making any sort of unatural/unwanted noise. But now as i plug my headset in the front of my pc, once i enter games the pc starts...
  9. Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played

Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played: After I updated my Acer laptop's Windows 10 to version 1803, a buzzing noise started coming from anything plugged into my headphone jack when no sound is being played. This happened to my previous laptop as well, after updating. I tried to run the audio troubleshooter and...
  10. static noise coming from computer when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    static noise coming from computer when playing online games: hi. need some help since HP does not get the issue. i hae an Hp power desktop gaming . i,m getting alot of static coming from my speaers during game play, also sometimes when the buzzing is going on my video is somehow affected and stutters and or lags slightly but they are...