Windows 10: Static Noises for Audio

Discus and support Static Noises for Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Static Noises for Audio

Go to Device Manager, find your audio device, right click it and click uninstall and check off delete driver software. Then reboot. You should have sound and it will auto update to the latest driver for Windows 10, if you don't have audio then google the latest driver for your audio and manually install it, then reboot

mpalomba3, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Simple Win User

Please notice that Beats Audio will be working if one of the above packages work for you. If you still have a problem perform the following:

From the "Device Manager" -click on "Sound, Video and game controllers" right click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" choose "Properties" click on the "Details" tab, under "Property" choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop down list and copy the first line in the Value field (it should look like this "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C18A5&REV_1001") and post here in your reply.

Simple, Aug 6, 2015
  3. For uninstalling the drivers, would I uninstall the Microphone, Speakers, High Definition Audio Device, and Intel Display Audio drivers?

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Static Noises for Audio

After restarting my computer, I was able to get 2 of the IDT drivers and the High Definition Audio Device options to show up in the "Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer" box.

I tried the HDAD option, and it didn't work and the audio sounded odd. Should I try the other 2 IDT drivers? They're from 2011/2012.

edit: The newest driver available, from January 2012, still gets the static error. Trying the one from 2011.

edit 2: And the driver from June 2, 2011 still gets the static error as well. Now awaiting for Simple's response to my question above this post..

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Simple Win User
    @Superluigi6,
    First let me start by saying to get rid of the Static Sound you mentioned in your first post change the sampling rate avoiding 48000. You need to stop and restart YouTube to hear the difference.
    Second, HP Quick Launch does not work with Beats Audio (FN+B), so to operate Beats Audio Settings you need to click on the notification icons (the "^" near the power and network icons on the bottom right hand of the screen).

Now back to your current issue. You should not need to perform the installation manually.
    1- From the control Panel un-install your current IDT software.
    2- Download and install SP65012.exe by double clicking on it, if it says this is not suitable for your hardware, then try SP65631.exe, if it objects to both, then post the "Hardware Id" otherwise all is well and continue.
    3- Reboot and perform sampling rate adjustment.
    4- Click on the Beats Audio Settings Controls to adjust the sound quality to you liking.

Simple, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Simple Win User
    Please confirm that in the "Device Manager" click on "Sound, Video and game controllers" right click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" choose "Properties" and click on the "Driver" tab; you are getting 6.10.6498.0 or 6.10.6499.0.
    If you are not getting 6498 or 6499, then the drivers included in the aforementioned links are not installed. The dates quoted by you (2012 and 2011) are too old, the date stamp should be around November/December 2013 and the release date 2014, check below:
    TITLE: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver
    VERSION: 6.10.6498.0 REV: A
    SoftPaq NUMBER: SP65012
    EFFECTIVE DATE: January 06, 2014
    DEVICES SUPPORTED: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7695="IDT High Definition Audio CODEC"

VERSION: 6.10.6499.0 REV: J
    SoftPaq NUMBER: SP65631
    EFFECTIVE DATE: 21 March 2014
    SSM SUPPORTED: YES
    DEVICES SUPPORTED: IDT HD Audio CODEC

Simple, Aug 6, 2015
  7. I didn't try it yet, and I'm going to ask a tech guy I know first before doing your method. Don't worry, I don't not trust you or anything like that Static Noises for Audio :p

But were you running into my issue as well and your fix you posted solved it?

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Simple Win User

Static Noises for Audio

Yes I faced your issue/s (some of which you may not have faced yet) and resolved them, you may have noticed that I also have an HP notebook with similar hardware to yours; I actually have a very long experience in IT.

Both Microsoft and its partners were/are aware of the outstanding issues for the various hardware and they are working to resolve them, but Microsoft needed to meet Windows 10 target release date. Hence, solutions will probably start showing as work arounds soon, due to public pressure and proper resolutions will probably start showing in the 4th quarter of 2015.

Simple, Aug 7, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I had an HP desktop a while ago and they(HP) are terrible at updating drivers and at times they just abandon hardware. I hopw they can get the drivers set for win10 for all of their hardware that's eligible.

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Simple Win User
    Unfortunately, it will not happen this way. You see, While HP may design the hardware layout, they do not design the discrete components themselves. They buy the CPU from a vendor, the Memory from a different vendor the Display, Sound and Network chips etc.. even the battery and the power supply are made for them by other vendors.

I have a Synaptics touchpad on my HP notebook, I flashed it with an HP Firmware that was not meant for it, so It stopped working. The notebook was under warranty, I contacted Synaptics (they did not want to know) and HP, who wanted me to send it to change the touchpad. but I could not afford at least 2 weeks with HP. I obtained a different file suitable for the chip on the touchpad and extracted the code that represent the firmware and successfully flashed.
    I wanted to use two finger scrolling with inertia (momentum) on my computer, I either edit the registry or use a driver from another vendor like Asus or Lenovo etc...

So, you will need to find out the Hardware Id (as described in earlier posts in this thread) and find out who still produces drivers that would work for you.

Simple, Aug 7, 2015
  11. I uninstalled an IDT Audio program from the Windows Program section of the Control Panel. Is that what you meant by "un-install your current IDT software"? Now the audio things say "High Definition Audio Device" and it sounds weird (kinda like inside a cup).

I'm installing the driver from the SP65012 link. I'll let you know how it goes.

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  12. I installed the driver and I still heard the static noise a number of times while watching the same YouTube video. I changed the bit rate like Simple instructed, and I get this for the driver version 6.10.6498.0 .

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  13. ShowsOn Win User

Static Noises for Audio

I upgraded a Dell 1545 with this same audio chipset. I got rid of the static noises by turning off audio enhancements in the playback properties menu.

ShowsOn, Aug 7, 2015
  14. Simple Win User
    @Superluigi6,
    Correct, uninstalling through Control Panel.

@ShowsOn,
    In my case, all I needed to do is change the sampling rate.

By the way, the audio distortion "static noises" seem to occur with MS Edge and Internet Explorer but not Firefox or Nightly!! Does this give you a hint where the problem may be?? Also there has been a rather substantial KB3081424 and KB3081427 releases and more to come..

Simple, Aug 7, 2015
  15. Just tried it, I only saw the option for Communications Headphones instead of Speakers. But it still didn't work :c

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Static Noises for Audio

1. Static Noises for Audio - Similar Threads - Static Noises Audio

2. Realtek audio static noise in Windows 11 [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Realtek audio static noise in Windows 11 [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will see how to fix Realtek audio static noise on Windows 11. Static noise can cause issues when using a computer, especially when watching videos or listening to your favorite songs. Fix Realtek audio static noise in Windows 11 The following...
  3. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  4. Static Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  5. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  6. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...
  7. Weird static noise

Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  8. Constant Static noise when audio is paused!

Constant Static noise when audio is paused!: Hello! I'm new here, how do you do? *Nerd What I have right now is a fairly simple question, but a VERY important one for me; So, I have to record audio for video making purposes, and perhaps even voice acting work later on. I have a USB microphone, which doesn't really...
  9. Quiet static noise normal?

Quiet static noise normal?: So just something I’ve noticed when I play games and mute windows audio (Realtek) or pause the game I hear a very quiet (like extremely quiet) static noise. It only happens when I play games and stops when I Alt+Tab out and is not a problem really, I’m just wondering if it is...
  10. Static Noises in Calls

Static Noises in Calls: Hello, I'm Gabe and I've been having some issues with microphone. When I call someone on my laptop, they tell me they hear static like this, which I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSxJ4UrPr0&feature=youtu.be I can also hear, but very slightly in my left earbud,...