Windows 10: Static Noises for Audio

Discus and support Static Noises for Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not sure I understand your last message. Something may have been deleted from Device Manager. Let the computer re-scan your hardware and see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Simple Win User

Static Noises for Audio

I am not sure I understand your last message. Something may have been deleted from Device Manager. Let the computer re-scan your hardware and see if you have any device with an exclamation mark! Of course it would be a problem if someone already assigned the wrong driver to a device.. e.g. if a network device thinks it is a usb stick etc...

May I suggest that you turn the computer off, remove the battery and press the ON button for 15 seconds, then put back the battery and power and restart the computer. You could also ensure that you have reloaded BIOS Defaults.

Assuming that the computer has a problem in recognizing the hardware, ensure that you are Administrator on your computer as you perform these configurations.If you suspect a device is wrongly assigned, right click on it from the Device Manager, then uninstall (click on the check box to delete the driver). When the computer rescans, it will use a (possibly generic) driver provided by windows. then you can perform the process of installing the correct drivers.

Can you explain the full status now (what is working with the sound and what is not, and has the driver installed correctly)? also what is your Hardware Id:

Good luck.

Simple, Aug 7, 2015

2. I don't see anything with an exclamation point in Device Manager.

What will that method do (turning off computer, taking out battery, turning it on, etc)?

I don't think anything is misplaced.

Everything looks like it was installed correctly. The only thing really different, though, is that in "Audio inputs/outputs" there's no Speakers and Headphones, but instead "Speakers / HP".

Right now I've noticed it a little more with SoundCloud, but the static issue still exists.

Under IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, I see 2 Hardware IDs. The first is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C165B&REV_1001 and the second is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C165B.

edit: If you think it would help, perhaps you should control my computer using a program like LogMeIn so you can help more (because I'm not that tech savvy, haha).

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Okay now I'm running into a super weird thing. I'm having this weird audio problem where if I send a Skype message to anybody with the volume on mute, then I hear the Skype sent sound through my headphones. This doesn't happen with my speakers though :0

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Simple Win User

Static Noises for Audio

The 6.10.6498.0 driver is the right HP driver for your Hardware Id. The same hardware has been used in a wide number of products that a software update (by some vendor) is bound to be released.

Now, right click on "Speakers / HP" and choose "Properties", then click on the "Advanced" tab, you will see that "Default Format" value, change it to "24 bit, 44100 (Studio Quality)". YouTube should sound fine after restarting Edge and/or Internet Explorer. This issue does not happen on Firefox.

For the Skype sound feedback, ensure correct devices configuration in Skype options, also check Beats Audio Settings under Recording Experience.

Simple, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Sorry for taking a while, I had to go to some places (including a wedding!).

I tried the "turning off computer, taking out batteries" method. Still get the issue.

I tried the Speakers/HP thing. Still get the issue *Sad

And I got rid of the Skype problem by disabling the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option.

Superluigi6, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Simple Win User
    Congratulations for the wedding.
    But you did not try to use Firefox to see if you still get the issue, did you?
    You need to perform tests in a way that can exclude irrelevant reasons or focus on the real reasons. I have an HP computer that uses the same sound chip as yours and I don't have issues.
    So, is yours faulty?
    Is it anything to do with configuration?
    Do you have a piece of software that is causing this issue?

To find out, use different software like Firefox, if the problem is gone, we can assume it is a particular software related... and so on..

Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  7. I do notice it for playing music (SoundCloud) on Firefox.

What I did notice recently, is that lately it's been happening lately (not just Firefox, but also my default browser Google Chrome).

Another thing to note, which I should have said a LONG time ago, is that I heard that this issue is impacting 2 other computers for my family. One of them is an HP Envy laptop (don't know the specific model) and the other is a desktop (Acer screen, Dell machine). They both recently upgraded to Windows 10 and they both got the issue ever since they upgraded to Windows 10.

edit: The desktop's audio driver is not IDT, but instead "Conexant Smartaudio HD" manufactured by Microsoft.

Superluigi6, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Simple Win User

Static Noises for Audio

Windows 10 was prematurely released IMHO, and it will take quite sometime until they get it in a properly working shape. Luckily, music media is very important to Microsoft, so I guess they will give priority to such issues. I think Microsoft is releasing some fixes coming Tuesday that might include streaming issues.
    If this is the only issue you are having, I would wait a little until they resolve it. In the meantime, I would advise you to contact SoundCloud informing them of the issue so that they may ensure that Microsoft is AWARE of it.
    Good luck.

Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  9. I don't think that SoundCloud would be able to help, honestly.

And it looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if they fix it.

Superluigi6, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Just updated, and I still get the static error (and the error with the super messed up colors on the login screen).

Superluigi6, Aug 11, 2015
  11. Hello. I'm having problems as well with my HP laptop. I cannot install the audio driver that was made for my laptop (It's a windows 8.1 driver and when I try to install it, it says that it's not compatible with my hardware. I even tried reverting to 8.1 and same results). My hardware ID is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100

I don't have sound at the moment. Other methods I tried is that I edited the inf files to include the hardware ID and forced install it through disabled driver signature checking but after I turn my pc off for a few minutes and turn it on again, the same problem occur: no sound. Any thoughts? Btw the latest available driver in HP is 6.10.6425.0 and it's bundled with Dolby Advanced Audio v2. Thanks

boombadoomboom, Nov 4, 2015
  12. Simple Win User
    Microsoft has sorted out the sound distortion issue in Windows 10 Build 10576, the release of Windows 10 TH2
    is expected November 2015 (probably next week).

There are other issues still, but I hope they will sort them by the release date.

Simple, Nov 4, 2015
  13. rezarawat Win User

Static Noises for Audio

Hi I have a similar problem I'm running Windows 10 on a dell Inspiron 5521 and I have updated all my drivers but I get a faint static noise when listening to any audio with my earphones. It's really annoying. What else can I do?

rezarawat, Jun 17, 2016
  14. Buy an earphone with USB input. USB is much less noisier than the audio output of a laptop.

theveterans, Jun 18, 2016
  15. rezarawat Win User
    I am currently going to buy a usb to audio dongle/port to use audio. But this static noise shouldn't occur and I have a feelings it's Windows 10 and not the motherboard/audio port

rezarawat, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

Static Noises for Audio

1. Static Noises for Audio - Similar Threads - Static Noises Audio

2. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  3. Static Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  4. Lag issue/ Static noise

Lag issue/ Static noise: Hello to whoever is reading this. I got my computer about a year ago my specs are: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core 3.40GHz Graphic Cards: RTX 2060 Super And I'm using "Windows 10 Pro" OS Build "19042.804" . Anyway, my issue is that whenever I use the "Shut down"...
  5. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  6. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...
  7. Weird static noise

Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  8. Constant Static noise when audio is paused!

Constant Static noise when audio is paused!: Hello! I'm new here, how do you do? *Nerd What I have right now is a fairly simple question, but a VERY important one for me; So, I have to record audio for video making purposes, and perhaps even voice acting work later on. I have a USB microphone, which doesn't really...
  9. Quiet static noise normal?

Quiet static noise normal?: So just something I’ve noticed when I play games and mute windows audio (Realtek) or pause the game I hear a very quiet (like extremely quiet) static noise. It only happens when I play games and stops when I Alt+Tab out and is not a problem really, I’m just wondering if it is...
  10. Static Noises in Calls

Static Noises in Calls: Hello, I'm Gabe and I've been having some issues with microphone. When I call someone on my laptop, they tell me they hear static like this, which I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSxJ4UrPr0&feature=youtu.be I can also hear, but very slightly in my left earbud,...