Windows 10: Static Noises in Calls

Discus and support Static Noises in Calls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Gabe and I've been having some issues with microphone. When I call someone on my laptop, they tell me they hear static like this, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabeZamora, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Static Noises in Calls

Hello, I'm Gabe and I've been having some issues with microphone.

When I call someone on my laptop, they tell me they hear static like this, which I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSxJ4UrPr0&feature=youtu.be

I can also hear, but very slightly in my left earbud, and I would hear a random beep sometimes.

I use simple apple earbuds to call people

The issue isn't the earbuds because I've tried 3 different ones and it's the same problem.

Without headphones, the static doesn't occur at all, so the problem may be the audio jack.

I also have a Lenovo Legion Y7000 Gaming PC

The static noise would fluctuate, one second it would be all quiet and normal, and then the static would come out of nowhere.

I have received errors about BIOS throughout the day, but I would typically ignore them, but I realized that might have been the solution, and I haven't got the error message which would guide me on how to fix it, I don't know how to manually do it.

Thank you!

:)

GabeZamora, Nov 2, 2019
  2. nout72 Win User

Static noise, a loud buzzing noise

I recently bought a Nokia 3720 Classic which I like quite a lot, especially the clean, simple looks and quality screen.

But there's something that may be or may become a problem.

When calling there's this loud buzzing static noise, a noise I myself and the people on the other end can hear very clearly and which is very annoying.

BUT - and this is the point why I am not sure if I should make an issue out of this - ONLY at a certain volume level: in all cases a simple lowering or increasing the loudness will get rid of this static.

The last time I phoned when I had this static noise, the volume was set at 4 (4 green stripes) and when I lowered it or increased it it was gone.

So my questions:

Is there anyone else who has this trouble? maybe specifically when the volume is set at 4?

Should I make an issue out of this?

And is there some explanation why lowering or increasing the volume will get rid of the static?

Thanks in advance.

Nout

nout72, Nov 2, 2019
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    Static Noises for Audio

Then it's likely a driver issue.

BunnyJ, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Rick4892 Win User

Static Noises in Calls

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Static Noises in Calls

1. Static Noises in Calls - Similar Threads - Static Noises Calls

2. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  3. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  4. Static Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  5. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  6. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...
  7. Headset making static noise

Headset making static noise: I just got a pc build and connected a xbox fusion pro controller. I plug a razer kraken headset to controller and party members hear static noise. I can hear them but my microphone doesnt work either. How can i fix the static noise and microphone to work?...
  8. Weird static noise

Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  9. Quiet static noise normal?

Quiet static noise normal?: So just something I’ve noticed when I play games and mute windows audio (Realtek) or pause the game I hear a very quiet (like extremely quiet) static noise. It only happens when I play games and stops when I Alt+Tab out and is not a problem really, I’m just wondering if it is...
  10. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...