Windows 10: Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.

Discus and support Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a cable going to a small speaker next to my laptop. There has been a static noise coming from it lately. I have been observing when it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pivlit2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. pivlit2 Win User

Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.

I have a cable going to a small speaker next to my laptop. There has been a static noise coming from it lately. I have been observing when it happens and it's mostly when there is any audio playing. It could be from a YouTube video, Spotify, iTunes, etc. When the audio stops, so does the static after about 10-15 seconds of silence. It's not the speaker because I checked with headphones as well. Although the static is faint with the headphones, it's still there. It can't be the cable from the laptop to the speaker because, as I said, I verified with the headphones. I came across a post on another forum that suggested to uninstall the Realtek drivers > restart the computer so the native drivers would be the default. Other people had success which meant that Realtek was the problem but I did not have any success with it. Somebody also mentioned unplugging the power cable to see if there was an improvement but there was no difference. I even tried moving the plug on the side of the laptop (not vigorously of course) to see if it was the connection but there were no dropouts or changes. So I'm not sure if it's hardware because of that last troubleshooting method and because it seems to only happen when audio is playing. I can't recall if it was happening before I upgraded to Windows 10. All drivers (and Windows 10 software) are up to date.

Any other troubleshooting methods or advice for this particular issue? Thanks.

:)

pivlit2, Aug 3, 2015
  2. David Haz Win User

Audio Issues

We appreciate the clarification that you have given. If the headphones works when connecting it on a different computer, it could be that the connections of your sound card are producing this static buzzing sound when plugging in the headphones. Have you
    checked if the sound card is properly installed in the right port? Also, have you checked if there are dust around the sound card and the audio port? Sometimes, dust produces static within the sound card giving out a buzzing sound when connecting headphones.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Headphone Sound Issue

Thank you for providing the details. The issue that you're experiencing might also occur if there's a problem within the port that causes static noises. For isolation purposes, we recommend that you try to use different headphones on your computer and check
    if you will experience the same issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.

1. Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working. - Similar Threads - Static problem headphone

2. No bass from headphone port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bass from headphone port: Hi there,Have an ASUS Vivobook 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 running windows 11 the problem was also the same with W10Whenever I play audio through the headphone port there is no bass. The entire sound is missing all the low end frequencies. Bluetooth devices work fine,...
  3. No bass from headphone port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bass from headphone port: Hi there,Have an ASUS Vivobook 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 running windows 11 the problem was also the same with W10Whenever I play audio through the headphone port there is no bass. The entire sound is missing all the low end frequencies. Bluetooth devices work fine,...
  4. Repeating headphone static

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating headphone static: Due to how I configured my computer, I use my headphones without any speakers. I also have a WMR Headset Lenovo Explorer where I connect said headphones and use the Realtek USB2.0 Driver. After a few minutes, whenever the audio stops due to any reason and comes back, it...
  5. USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?: So, I have a USB headset with LED Red Lights that light up when you plug it in, and a connected microphone connected to it when I plug the USB in, it doesn't make that sound that the computer usually makes when something plugs into the computer I notice my headphones LED...
  6. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  7. Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.: My HP laptop's (cx0056wm) headphone started giving weird noises from this morning. The real sound is mixed with all types of electrical noises (humm ,buzz ,static etc) .I have tried all the obvious solutions (rebooting ,driver ,cleaning jack ,etc) ,but nothing worked. I am...
  8. White noise/static from headphones and speakers

White noise/static from headphones and speakers: I'm using Lenovo 80VF, but whenever I plug in my headphones and try to play music or videos I can hear an annoying, faint hissing sounds that seems like static in the background. I've tried using different headphones, but the same things keeps happening. It doesn't make any...
  9. Headphones Static Problem

Headphones Static Problem: So when I connect my headphones all I can hear is static. When I unplugged them I can hear through my speakers. My headphones work when I connect them to my phone or any other device....
  10. Headphone port not working

Headphone port not working: The front 3.5mm jack is not working. It doesnt show up even if i select show disconnected devices. Please help i Have Realtek audio manager installed it doesnt show up there as well. [img] 26063